White Knuckle Rock Sliders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDA-PW2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
View media item 26164Got my sliders. Heavy dudy version. They weigh a ton and bolt on. Did self install. Took all day. Not hard, just lots of tight spaces.

If you are going to do it, here is my advise.

Passenger side was easier. Start with that. Once you do that the driver side will make more sense. Lots of tight wiring on drivers side.

I removed both floor storage boxes. It takes 5 min with a screw gun but will save you 30-40 min trying to bolt up between the frame and that storage box. Highly recommend that.

I also removed the gas tank skid guard. Again only takes a few min to remove but will save tons of time and knuckle skin.

I did most of it myself. Had a helper lift in place to get each side started. If you have a floor jack you can probably do all yourself.

Once on these things are solid. Works fine as step. I’ll be adding grip tap to them. They are slippery with the powder coating.

They aren’t cheap, but they are the best. I’m sure the truck will fail before these do. If you are doing it for looks doesn’t matter, but you probably didn’t spend > $50k on a power wagon for looks only. So I’d highly recommend these.

Rrubyxsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
They are sweet sliders. I payed an off road shop to install. I have spent years busting my knuckles. Now its time to pay someone else to bust their knuckles... Ha.

Bock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I just order the same set myself, 4-6 week lead time, I also order engine/trans skid plate from defdethloffmfg 2-4 week lead time, Marcus is hoping to have them on the self after he fill all his back orders.

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Curious if they can make them with those with body lifts.

Bock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Curious if they can make them with those with body lifts.

I am guessing you are talking about the White Knuckle rock sliders, theu did ask if I had any rear lift, You can email for call them.

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I get the suspension lift as it doesn't affect the body, however, if any one has done a PA 3" or Zone 1.5" body lift it may/will affect placement on the frame and especially flush to the body.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
View media item 26164Got my sliders. Heavy dudy version. They weigh a ton and bolt on. Did self install. Took all day. Not hard, just lots of tight spaces.

If you are going to do it, here is my advise.

Passenger side was easier. Start with that. Once you do that the driver side will make more sense. Lots of tight wiring on drivers side.

I removed both floor storage boxes. It takes 5 min with a screw gun but will save you 30-40 min trying to bolt up between the frame and that storage box. Highly recommend that.

I also removed the gas tank skid guard. Again only takes a few min to remove but will save tons of time and knuckle skin.

I did most of it myself. Had a helper lift in place to get each side started. If you have a floor jack you can probably do all yourself.

Once on these things are solid. Works fine as step. I’ll be adding grip tap to them. They are slippery with the powder coating.

They aren’t cheap, but they are the best. I’m sure the truck will fail before these do. If you are doing it for looks doesn’t matter, but you probably didn’t spend > $50k on a power wagon for looks only. So I’d highly recommend these.
Those are nice steps. But the pinstripes. That’s using the ole truck right there :favorites37:

F9A501C0-4EAB-4B66-82C7-647AFA734542.jpeg

Bock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
[QUOTE="Low_Sky, post: 1825335, member: 31873"
68ae15ec3892cae46c69dc7caea95d6f.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Is that White Knuckles black power coating peeling off? Or is that something you put on? I might need to rethink this and just order bare mental and spray paint them myself that way I can alway touch them up.

Last edited:

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
[QUOTE="Low_Sky, post: 1825335, member: 31873"
68ae15ec3892cae46c69dc7caea95d6f.jpg

Is that White Knuckles black power coating peeling off? Or is that something you put on? I might need to rethink this and just order bare mental and spray paint them myself that way I can alway touch them up.[/QUOTE]

Your images aren’t showing up, but if those are my pics... that’s Line-X. Bedliner isn’t a good coating for sliders that are really going to get used. Mine aren’t WKs, and when I got them made I didn’t plan on using them as hard as they get used, they were “just in case” sliders and Line-X seemed like a good idea. When they get bad enough I’ll strip the Line-X off and start rattle canning them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
[/QUOTE]

Your images aren’t showing up, but if those are my pics... that’s Line-X. Bedliner isn’t a good coating for sliders that are really going to get used. Mine aren’t WKs, and when I got them made I didn’t plan on using them as hard as they get used, they were “just in case” sliders and Line-X seemed like a good idea. When they get bad enough I’ll strip the Line-X off and start rattle canning them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I was referring to your picture, like you I am putting the sliders on for just in case, they are a lot cheaper then body work these days. I am palning a trip to TX. in march and would like to find a 4wd park to play at for a day or two. So I am adding some protection to my wagon.

Rbohno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Powerwagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Those look awesome and protect the truck from door dings as well.
I love my Amp steps but they don’t give any body protection. I have a long crease on the back passenger door from some meatball at Lowe’s, I have Dent Master coming out tomorrow to fix.

I wish Someone made a secondary protection that would allow me to keep my Amp steps but protect the doors and body when parked and while wheeling.

Chrisy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
image.jpeg
Those look awesome and protect the truck from door dings as well.
I love my Amp steps but they don’t give any body protection. I have a long crease on the back passenger door from some meatball at Lowe’s, I have Dent Master coming out tomorrow to fix.

I wish Someone made a secondary protection that would allow me to keep my Amp steps but protect the doors and body when parked and while wheeling.
I use an AMP Research 2" extension. They don't tuck up entirely under the truck for that hidden look. They do hang down , but, they offer better protection for sliders and allow a further drop of the step for shorter people to enter the truck cab. It also provides for better cleaning on the top inside of the step.

Bock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My siders came in and I pick them up at the shipping yard today, these thing are heavy now I have to get them mounted.