White Vinegar is amazing stuff.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Many stain removers smell like vinegar, guys should just buy vinegar and leave the other stuff on the shelf. Pool chemicals as well, the ones that help with metal ions and stains smell just like vinegar. A side note, if your pool is stained 25 years worth of iron water, a quart or two of vitimen c will bring the plaster back to like new. Similar principals, just a different acid as both are acids. One Ascorbic Acid and vinegar Acetic acid. Basically acids are extremely reaticve to metals, even something as safe as vitamin c.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I love using vinegar, I also mix it with alcohol to remove water spots from mirrors and even from clearcoat if you catch it within a day or two even ....

But alcohol and water 20-80 mix is the best window cleaner if you don't want the smell of vinegar, can be just as strong as vinegar in the right situations ...

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
I've been using vinegar for years as a cleaning agent,but this video backs up it's amazing rust cleaning properties

Used it on some old rusted hardware a couple weeks ago.......worked well.
40% vinegar will kill grass instantly but sadly not the root.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Used it on some old rusted hardware a couple weeks ago.......worked well.
40% vinegar will kill grass instantly but sadly not the root.
If i'm welding up something relatively small,i always wipe it down with vinegar then acetone after sanding it and before painting.Vinegar is a good etching compound on steel

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love using vinegar, I also mix it with alcohol to remove water spots from mirrors and even from clearcoat if you catch it within a day or two even ....

But alcohol and water 20-80 mix is the best window cleaner if you don't want the smell of vinegar, can be just as strong as vinegar in the right situations ...
When you say 20% alcohol, are you talking like 99% isopropyl, or...

I'm finally learning how truly awesome vinegar is compared to more modern ****. Just got the wife to start using it in place of softener in the laundry, knew about it as the "kick ass" window cleaner, but damn the car can smell for a few days if you **** the mixture.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
When you say 20% alcohol, are you talking like 99% isopropyl, or...

I'm finally learning how truly awesome vinegar is compared to more modern ****. Just got the wife to start using it in place of softener in the laundry, knew about it as the "kick ass" window cleaner, but damn the car can smell for a few days if you **** the mixture.
Yes, rubbing alcohol, get a spray bottle and just pour some alcohol in the bottle, I will make it very simple, a shot glass is more than enough and the rest fill it with water ... boom you have the best streak free glass cleaner ...

About tree fiddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Won't the vinegar and alcohol remove sealers/wax? I need to find a solution to my water spot situation, always a pain to wash my car.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Won't the vinegar and alcohol remove sealers/wax? I need to find a solution to my water spot situation, always a pain to wash my car.
Yes it will, but you will want to remove all old sealers or wax if you have water spots, so give your vehicle a good wipe down with vinegar to remove all the water spots you can, then give it a buff/polish and seal or wax it again ....

But honestly, wax is not going to prevent water spots especially if you leave your car overnight and the sprinklers are hitting it, those water marks are the worst!

Burn2k12Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes it will, but you will want to remove all old sealers or wax if you have water spots, so give your vehicle a good wipe down with vinegar to remove all the water spots you can, then give it a buff/polish and seal or wax it again ....

But honestly, wax is not going to prevent water spots especially if you leave your car overnight and the sprinklers are hitting it, those water marks are the worst!
LOL yes those are the worse. In fact one of the public sidewalk sprinklers is broke and spraying the **** out of my truck. Have to call to have them come out and fix their ****. Glad I saw this you just reminded me lol.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
LOL yes those are the worse. In fact one of the public sidewalk sprinklers is broke and spraying the **** out of my truck. Have to call to have them come out and fix their ****. Glad I saw this you just reminded me lol.
Honestly the best way to minimize water spots is a good ceramic coating and even then they won't completely prevent water spotting but it will help if you keep your vehicles outside..

Very easy to apply yourself honestly, a good iron decontamination, followed by a claybar treatment, a good polish if want to remove any swirl marks and marring that is introduced by claying and apply the ceramic coating ...

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
1 gallon of vinegar
1 cup of salt
1 table spoon of dish soap

will kill the weeds & roots

I use a cap full of white vinegar & some dish soap & a gallon of water on my medical Power Nebulizer, which helps clear my lungs

That reminds me, 2 AM & time to do a treatment