Who has an extended warranty and would you buy one again?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
with the electronics on our vehicle, i beleive the extended warranty is well worth the cost .

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
That's kinda what I'm thinking. This is my first Cummins and although it's running great so far, I know there has been a lot of problems out there with the DEF and DPF systems. Not to mention the $1,000+ 8.4 touch screen stereo that controls damn near everything in this truck..

dRAMbuie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Using the link DodgePyro provided I was quoted $1550 for Added Care and $2220 for Max Care extended to 8/120,000. Guess I just have to do a side by side comparison and find out what I'm comfortable with.

That's actually not all that bad.
Are those full bumper to bumper warranties? Or just major components?

The ability to buy them online might be specific to the U.S.
I'm not aware of any online options here in Canada.

I have a 2014 with 21,000 miles. For 6 year / 75000 miles, it's $1400 with a $100 deductible or $1275 with a $200 deductible. That's Chryslerfactoryplans, which is selling MOPAR vehicle warranties. It's not bad.

Edit...called the dealer and they want $2500 for 6/75,000. What a difference.

That's a really big difference! Makes me wonder if there is something different in the fine print.
Did the one at the dealer have a deductible associated with it as well?
It's been a while since I bought mine, but I seem to remember the only ones they offered me with deductibles were all 3rd party insurers.

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's a really big difference! Makes me wonder if there is something different in the fine print.
Did the one at the dealer have a deductible associated with it as well?
It's been a while since I bought mine, but I seem to remember the only ones they offered me with deductibles were all 3rd party insurers.

There are only a few plans offered by FCA, and all dealers sell identical plans, no difference in the fine print. Third party plans are different. There have been 0, $100, and $200 deductible plans offered for at least 8 years.

There is quite a bit of markup between the MSRP on the plans and what it actually costs the dealers, over $1000 for most plans. Similar to the difference between MSRP and invoice on the truck, there is plenty of room to negotiate if the dealer so choses. Some negotiate, some don't.

In April, Zeller was selling lifetime MaxCare $100 deductible for $2430, 0 deductible for $4330. 7 year 75K $100 deductible maxcare plans were $995 at the time. Those in the know recommend staying away from added care plus plans, just look for maxcare (so called bumper to bumper). Although my dealer offered a great deal on the truck, they would not come close to Zeller's warranty price. Another dealer matched prices when we purchased the Liberty, however.

Last edited:

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
That's actually not all that bad.

Are those full bumper to bumper warranties? Or just major components?

The ability to buy them online might be specific to the U.S.

I'm not aware of any online options here in Canada.

The Max Care is basically bumper to bumper, the Added care is basically major mechanical.

Not sure what's going to happen now. I shot Clay at Zeller Motors an email as I've heard he's usually got the best prices around. He informed me that the 8/120 is only available on NEW purchases. All he said he could get me for the 1550 was an additional 5yrs and total of 75k miles. Not sure if it's worth it as I'm already nearing 55k miles. Without knowing exactly how many miles I'd be putting on the truck it's hard to say wether or not it would be worth it. I don't plan on putting much for miles on but I've already put over 2k on it since I bought it in July. Still in the honeymoon phase so I'm sure that will slow down but who knows, I love driving this thing!

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So, just heard back from Clay, (guy gets back to your emails almost instantly) right now he says he can get me a 5yr 60k mile Max Care for $3,000 or Added Care for $2,205. Little more than I was looking to pay but may be worth it in the long run. What do you guys think? What would you do? Truck currently sits at 54,7xx miles so I'd be pushing it out to 2021 and just under 105k miles for the total warranty.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
So, just heard back from Clay, (guy gets back to your emails almost instantly) right now he says he can get me a 5yr 60k mile Max Care for $3,000 or Added Care for $2,205. Little more than I was looking to pay but may be worth it in the long run. What do you guys think? What would you do? Truck currently sits at 54,7xx miles so I'd be pushing it out to 2021 and just under 105k miles for the total warranty.

with a $200 deductible; these guys are lower.

Genuine Mopar Vehicle Protection Warranty - Save $$ Today

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi

I issued a scam alert on this site last Saturday concerning a dealer on the internet sellng max care warrantys. I have since rescinded because of bad info at the time.
I went ahead and purchased the max care yesterday after much research, The dealer wanted 3700 for an additional 4 years and mileage total 75000. Called Chrysler warranty dept. and they priced it to me at 2040. Contacted a dealer online in MI. and bought it for 1555. All of them offered the max care with a full refund after expiration if no claims had been filed. This is what I bought as I don't know how I can lose. If I need it I have it and if I don't need it I will get my premium back. I would suggest if your buying a plan request the one with the money back guarantee. This is for a 6.4 so the diesels may be a little more.

IMRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Chrysler Max Car at huge Discount

I just purchased my 4th vehicle with getting a heavily discounted extended warranty. It is a legitimate Chrysler Max Care warranty. I do not trust the aftermarket warranties.
Just google Chrysler Max Car and you will find multiple dealers across the country selling the exact same Chrysler warranty. It is not a aftermarket but actually through Chrysler. The first time I bought one I dealt directly with the site that I found online and my truck was covered from my local Ram dealer as well as every Dodge dealership across the country. The next Ram I bought the finance guy wanted over $2,000 for a MAX Care 5 year/ 75,000 mile plan. I told him about me going online and he told me to get him the best price and he would match it. It was about $700.00 cheaper. I did the same thing for my wife's Chevy through GM and the finance guy is not happy because it is a huge marked up item that they sell but it was either get a small piece of the pie or none. I just did it last week with my new truck. I paid $1405 for a Max Care 6 year / 85,000 mile.
I am not trying to sell anything but I found the cheapest rate through Chrysler Extended Warranty | Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep extended maintenance plans. There may be others that are cheaper and as long as they are selling the factory warranty then go for it.

I have a 2017 dodge ram 1500 4 x 4 limited. I put about 30,000 miles a year on, and that’s where I’m sitting right now at 30,000 miles. I need to buy an extended warranty probably a five year 100,000 mile. This link is the best deal I found so far, are there better places to buy? They look to be less expensive than Ziegler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
I have a 2017 dodge ram 1500 4 x 4 limited. I put about 30,000 miles a year on, and that’s where I’m sitting right now at 30,000 miles. I need to buy an extended warranty probably a five year 100,000 mile. This link is the best deal I found so far, are there better places to buy? They look to be less expensive than Ziegler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Search under my name. I posted a vendor with good prices.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have the added care lifetime on my wifes 2007 Pacfica. Definitely paid for itself. Have the same on my Ram. No regrets, I sleep better at night knowing I have it.