Who sucks out their transmission fluid before changing Trans Filters?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
Install a drain plug after dropping the pan and you'll never need a fancy contraption like that.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

After making that post I found out that Dorman makes a pan with a plug for my truck - item number 265-870

I still think I'll try to suck out some fluid before installing new pan.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Install a drain plug after dropping the pan and you'll never need a fancy contraption like that.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Exactly what I was gonna say lol

DSC01056.JPG

JWExperience

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had that pump and the ball on the pump handle fell off the first or second time I used it. I bought a electric transfer pump off amazon for like $15 or $20 and although it’s slow, it works fine. The best manual pumps I’ve had are the standing cylinder type. I’ve used a few manual pumps for my boats but now that I have a twin engine, the electric pump allows me to prep engine #2 and lube a few things while it’s working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FaceDeAce

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Use the transmission to pump out the pan. Disconnect the cooler return line, connect a hose and run into a bucket. Then start the engine.

cheffrank_357

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hem 5.7
Use the transmission to pump out the pan. Disconnect the cooler return line, connect a hose and run into a bucket. Then start the engine.
Is that safe?

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yes, and the only way to get all the old fluid out.

After draining what you can, add a few quarts and repeat the cycle. When you have bright red fluid coming out of the line into the bucket, reattach the line and top off.

cheffrank_357

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hem 5.7
Yes, and the only way to get all the old fluid out.

After draining what you can, add a few quarts and repeat the cycle. When you have bright red fluid coming out of the line into the bucket, reattach the line and top off.
Ok
Thats good to know
Can i drop it off with the used oil at advance?

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Never tried but I don't see why not. We burn all our used oils in a waste oil furnace.