Who's going to be the first one to drop one in a truck,lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Do ya think my 545 can handle all that juice? I'll call my gov and see if that will be street legal here, I'm sure it will be no prob. Got to love the fact it is on sale though.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I wonder how that would do towing a big trailer?
I'm guessing it might be rated in how many gallons per mile..

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OMFG, 19K for dat, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, not, lol...

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How does that compare to the Helliphant? I see a comment about "If exceeding 900RWHP", but I thought the Helliphant was rated at 1kHP? Then again, I don't know how much is lost between the torque converter, and the rear wheels.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
How does that compare to the Helliphant? I see a comment about "If exceeding 900RWHP", but I thought the Helliphant was rated at 1kHP? Then again, I don't know how much is lost between the torque converter, and the rear wheels.
The Hellephant is a totally differant animal.It's a 426 that uses a complete custom machined aluminium block by TEI and is under rated at 1,000 hp,the majority of Hellephants are dynoing over 1100 at the crank.The 6.2 Demon is roughly 376 cubes,so it's a full 50 cubic inches smaller,and uses a factory cast iron BGE block. GM has countered the Hellephant with it's old school carburated 1,000hp 632,that is alot easier to buy,so hopefully Stellentis see's fit to release another run of the Hellephants

Based on what we're seeing from the Demonology dyno and quarter-mile drag tests, the Hellephant crate engine is closer in output to the 1,200hp mark, a number we're sure will thrill Mopar enthusiasts and not so much the Chevy and Ford guys. We can thank Mopar Performance for some trick design work on the all-aluminum crate Hemi, but some of the credit also goes to a company called Tool Engineering International (TEI)—a company we haven't mentioned before. The engine block for the Hellcat and Hellcat Redeye crate engines is a cast-iron production piece, but the 426ci Hellephant shares its TEI-sourced aluminum block with the new limited-edition 2021 Drag Pak Challenger we told you about here.

GM's 1,000 hp 632 isn't production limited like the Hellephant,and is readily available,so hopefully Stellentis gets off their asses and builds more Hellephants to counter GM's 1.000 hp offering.

Unlike some of its other high-performance crate engine offerings, GM isn't placing a cap on ZZ632 production, and, in even better news for speed freaks, the engines will be kept in stock rather than being built to order. We don't have pricing yet for this monster of an engine, but we suspect it will land somewhere north of the approximately $16,300 that is being charged for the ZZ572.

Last edited:

Burn2k12Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I am thinking who better candidate than you Rick lol. Would love to see that no doubt. Heck they should give you one then no one would even show up at the track let alone run you ;)
You'd probably have to go back to the same GM based Turbo 400 3 speed transmission that's used in the Drag Pack cars,as even a Jon Sipple based 8HP90 is probably going to be stressed beyond being reliable,lol.For the headaches involved in making the Hellephant work,you'd be farther ahead with GM's old school carb 1.000hp offering.FCA/Stellentis screwed up in my opinion with only building a 1,000 Hellephants,if you're going to build something like the Hellephant and tell the whole world how good you are while beating on your chest,you better build enough to satsify the market in my opinion,and FCA dropped the ball in that regard

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
did you read the notes? 19k and they recommend a bunch of changes like pinning the crank and swapping out the pistons and rods. No injectors, no coils...

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Which moderator figured this had to be moved,i don't really think it needed moving.You guys overstep your boundries at times.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
I've known me for a long time, pretty much my whole life. I would not trust me to have access to that.

So, will it fit in a Gladiator?

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I've known me for a long time, pretty much my whole life. I would not trust me to have access to that.

So, will it fit in a Gladiator?
With enough money you could make it fit your lawn mower,lol. Go onto Youtube i'm pretty sure there's a video of a Gladiator with a Hellcat engine stuffed into it's engine bay

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
As low as $1672/month with affirm-logo.pngLearn More,

dang just out of my reach haha