Why are manufacturers still putting cloth seats in trucks?

Do you like cloth seats or leather?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is just for fun and to hear other peoples opinions.

I bought a 19 classic this year and I love the truck but I absolutely hated the cloth seats. For the amount of money trucks cost these days leather should be standard lol.

Great argument except for one thing, well, two.

Leather = more cost, on order, and on maintenance/cleaning/etc. Cloth is cheaper, usually easier to protect/clean.

Second, leather, like vinyl, has a great possibility for getting "burn your ass off" hot when you sit on it, if you park your vehicle where the interior is left in the sun. Cloth, in my experience, is not as bad.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i'm on truck #9. 5 with cloth/vinyl and 4 with leather.i prefer leather.easy to clean and very hard for my wife to put cig burns in them.leather cleaner/ conditioner keeps them looking good for years.cloth gets dirty and smelly and always holds the chemical smell when i try and clean them.i found no difference in comfort between cloth and leather,however,my lariat with leather was by far the most comfortable truck to sit in for long trips.

Wulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
While I have not owned a vehicle with leather seats, I have been a passenger in a few, and in the darker colored ones, like on vinyl, have gotten very hot to sit on under the right conditions (i.e., left in the sun in the right direction). It will cool off quicker than vinyl once the windows are opened and/or the A/C is cranked up.

Gordo2212

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
I find the cloth doesn't get as cold or as hot as leather. The leather looks nicer but maybe it's because I have had cloth my whole life but I prefer the feel of cloth.

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol, are you sure your leather isn’t vinyl? I mean what is leather and what’s vinyl? Is the seat pad and back leather or is the back vinyl along with the seat pad?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963