Why cant I post in For Sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Doesn't it say the opposite of that?

Access to the For Sale/Wanted to Buy section will be granted after thirty (30) days of membership and hundred (100) posts.

ETA: Never mind, I didn't see the latest post on the changes, I still saw the older post.

Ramagain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been here since Nov 2020 and up till recently had 50 or more posts. Saw the newer 100 post requirement recently and figured Id just up my post count to meet the current guidelines. Was there no grandfather clause? I currently have over 100 posts, is there a delay in classified section activation?

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I've been here since Nov 2020 and up till recently had 50 or more posts. Saw the newer 100 post requirement recently and figured Id just up my post count to meet the current guidelines. Was there no grandfather clause? I currently have over 100 posts, is there a delay in classified section activation?

Yes, it takes a bit of time for the servers to update profiles once a user post milestone has been met. You made 14 posts between 10:59PM last night to the time you made this post. At that point you had 102 posts in total. The server hasn't processed that yet.

But, I've fixed it for you. You should now have access once you re-boot your device. PM me if you are still having problems.

Ramagain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, it takes a bit of time for the servers to update profiles once a user post milestone has been met. You made 14 posts between 10:59PM last night to the time you made this post. At that point you had 102 posts in total. The server hasn't processed that yet.

But, I've fixed it for you. You should now have access once you re-boot your device. PM me if you are still having problems.
Thanks for doing that sir, I'm generally pretty patient but figured with my time and previous post count I would've been okay prior to the changes. Much appreciated!

BlackSheepRebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks to the OP for starting this thread, i had the same question but didn't want to bother anyone and was waiting until i had time to dig through all the FAQ/etc. some times it's just better to ask -- and nice to see the quick response and clear requirement.

KA1OTE

Ram Ham
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
So.. I recently sold my 2012 Ram and have a variety of parts I need to off load. Despite being a member for 9 years, I've never needed/wanted to sell anything. But I just discovered I cannot create a thread to sell my parts. :rolleyes: I've got the membership time in spades which means I need to increase my post count to 100 in order to create a topic and offer my OEM parts up for sale in the Sale sub-section?

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yes, increasing your post count to 100 gets you access to that section.

Warlock1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
The permissions require 100 days membership & 30 posts.
This was from a post on 8/25/21 and makes sense since it eliminates the trolls just joining to spam everyone. But the rules dated 8/2/21 state the opposite. I am assuming the rules over ride this statement.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
This was from a post on 8/25/21 and makes sense since it eliminates the trolls just joining to spam everyone. But the rules dated 8/2/21 state the opposite. I am assuming the rules over ride this statement.

My reply was backwards. Current requirements are 30 days membership & 100 posts minimum to post a For Sale thread.

Kilo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Damn I’m only at 25 posts. I try not to post too much as I feel like I might be bothering people or wasting someone’s time. But it looks like I might need to start another oil thread to get my count up. Royal purple all the way. Anyone care to debate which oils the best. Only need 75 people to disagree…..

Seriously though, thanks to everyone that contributes and maintains this site. It has been extremely helpful.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Damn I’m only at 25 posts. I try not to post too much as I feel like I might be bothering people or wasting someone’s time. But it looks like I might need to start another oil thread to get my count up. Royal purple all the way. Anyone care to debate which oils the best. Only need 75 people to disagree…..

Seriously though, thanks to everyone that contributes and maintains this site. It has been extremely helpful.

You can elect to become a Supporting Member which gets you immediate access and allows you to post a new thread in that section.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I'm looking for the requirements to post in the For Sale section and can't seem to find any.
It's spelled out in the forum rules which can be found here:

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The For Sale requirements can be found in the Forum Rules, as linked above and linked at the top of each and every page of this forum. Scroll down to Post #2 in that section.