Why don't we ever discuss air filters?

Do you like factory air box?

• Yes, factory air is good enough for me.

Votes: 68 64.2%
  • No, I really like CAI's or other minor upgrades to air.

Votes: 39 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Wow... that is a lot of responses... to air filters.

I guess one advantage of having a six-banger under the hood is that I'd die of laughter if someone tried to tell me how I could increase the performance of my motor by bumping in specialized air intake rigging... I mean, you'd have to slap on a supercharger before you'd squeeze out more hp from that little thing... :rotflmao:

Check out ripp mods, they will set you up.! Lol . Of course IMho, it's easier just to get get a hemi.

Last edited:

Kukailimoku

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You can get a BT catch can from Moe's preformance, a vendor on the forum with a stellar reputation.

Are catch cans still a thing (with 2018/2019 model-years)?
Will the Hemi ALWAYS be a catch can engine forever?

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Are catch cans still a thing (with 2018/2019 model-years)?
Will the Hemi ALWAYS be a catch can engine forever?

Some run a catch can and some don't.. IMHO, valid opinions on both sides of the discussion. Running one might help keep the throttle body cleaner and definitely won't hurt anything.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just a heads up for anyone wanting to run an oiled aftermarket filter. I put my Green filter in my airbox for our trip to Florida. Its pollen season in the south so we went through several hundred miles of pretty bad pollen. I didn’t get a chance to check the filter until last night and I found traces of pollen on the upper airbox and even more pollen right at the Throttle body. I should’ve got pics but I was too pissed off and put the Mopar 6.4/EcoD filter back in.

Thankfully it was just pollen and I didn’t go down any dusty roads but seriously I’d avoid the oiled filters if you want plan on keeping your truck.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Just a heads up for anyone wanting to run an oiled aftermarket filter. I put my Green filter in my airbox for our trip to Florida. Its pollen season in the south so we went through several hundred miles of pretty bad pollen. I didn’t get a chance to check the filter until last night and I found traces of pollen on the upper airbox and even more pollen right at the Throttle body. I should’ve got pics but I was too pissed off and put the Mopar 6.4/EcoD filter back in.

Thankfully it was just pollen and I didn’t go down any dusty roads but seriously I’d avoid the oiled filters if you want plan on keeping your truck.

Couldn’t have been better said.

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon