Why so much Chrome dislike?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trey J

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess it's a generational thing, where I am the gang bangers are all driving bodypainted kit lowered honda civics and WRX's. Us old farts are the ones with the chrome now. I belong to the ones who think the chromed out harleys look better, but again, that's my generation

Yeah add me to the chrome look anytime. I think it looks great on some vehiclesimagejpeg_11.jpg

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Currently 76 yo, grew up in the 50's and 60's and the more chrome on a car the higher end it was and generally slower because it weighed more. We drag raced mid-50' Chevy's and in the 60's bought GTO's, Chevelle's and F-85's.

The usual comment was "If it don't go - Chrome it" Still don't like chrome as you can see from my avatar.

SouthernGorilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interesting thread, have not come across anyone that dislikes polished aluminum.
With the price of chroming these days I've been thinking of using aluminum for shine. It is funny that people who dislike chrome have no problem with polished billet.

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Biggest issue for me(I'm old as dirt)is that no ones has good chrome anymore.Nearly everything is chrome plated plastic.A bit of chrome is OK,but like others have said it seems like the people that like it go completely over the top.I find the same with bikes(I ride a Wing).Some bikes/trucks/cars look like a can of liquid chrome exploded onto them.
Originally I wanted the painted bumpers,but I'm actually glad that I got the chrome now as I think it looks better with the exhaust tips.That's more than enough for me.Trying to figure out what to do with my mostly chrome grill though.
New Classic for me since I posted in this thread.No chrome on this one,just the way I like it.