Why the hate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Pitz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Funny, I got just the opposite. I was going to buy a Ford, (my dad was a Ford guy) I asked my neighbors, all own Ram's. After their comments we purchased a 2019 Ram Classic. I love it.

Ram904

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I traded a F150 in on my Ram and I was severely upside down on the F150. That F150 was the worst vehicle that I have ever owned. 3 dealers couldn’t figure out the issue. It would shut off while driving and I would have to hit the steering wheel with a hammer while turning the key to start it. When I wife experienced that at 80 mph on the highway it was traded in the next day. I bought my Ram new in 2017 and have 53000 miles on it. I have had ZERO issues. My Ram is by far the best vehicle that I have owned.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The only grief I get is that I bought a 3.6. Nick
Don’t shed too many tears you got a more reliable engine and as long as it suits your uses of the truck you’re probably better off in the long run...

Nick14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
While I would have preferred a V8, the Hemi has become the small block Chevy of the 70's. HP parts are readily available and I don't have the common sense to leave it alone. With a 6, I know I won't do a thing to it. Nick

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Most of my buddies drive Ford or GM trucks of the 150/1500 variety and swear they’d never buy a Ram / Dodge.

I bought a 2500 setup the way I wanted and the first words out of their mouths were “why didn’t you get a diesel”. Long story short, I asked why they didn’t get a 2500?

One of the brighter ones said, “I don’t need that much truck”. The others just looked at him like WTF...

stenerson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 VVT
Just bought a 2016 ram and I love it. My dad owned won and I loved it too. But ever since I bought it 3 days ago all the guys at work have been giving me **** about it. Why do people have such a negative opinion of them?

I'm on my 2nd Ram, 3rd FCA vehicle. Worked out good for me, relatively inexpensive and trouble free so far.

Octane

Reaction score
I've owned a Challenger and a Ram.The only people that has ever knocked them have never owned a Chrysler product and usually they drive really old junk and so it's envy from those folks I guess. I have good luck with anything I buy except that 1979 Plymouth Horizon TC 3. Now that thing was a straight up pos.The very remembrance of that thing traumatizes me 34 years later! Lol