Why the hate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If its a ford fanboi say Powerstroke 6-0
b&\%? Then drop the mic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hotrod45

Military
Reaction score
There are lots of followers and very few people who think for themselves, no matter what area of life you wish to address. It isn't that people can't or shouldn't agree on some things, but it ought to be a person's decision to agree. What you describe is how the beginnings of the PC-culture first presented themselves. All of that belongs to weak individuals.

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My mother's husband told me something to the effect once. He has some love affair with GM, and if it aint a "chivy" (how he pronounces it) he doesn't want anything to do with it. I was talking to someone else about the truck because they were interested and looking to buy a new truck, and Larry chimed in with "you need to get rid of that dodge and go get you a chivy". In my alcohol induced state, I let him know (very loudly of course) that "I am a grown ass man (I'm 40, btw), and couldn't care less what you think. You buy me a truck, I'll drive whatever you want me to, otherwise, keep that **** to yourself".

We didn't stay much longer that night, lol.

I've owned more Fords than I can count (mustangs, F150s and a ranger) and 1 Hyundai (Genesis coupe, great and super fun car). this is my first non ford truck. I dig it, and that's really the only opinion that matters. When it comes time to replace it, I will get what I choose for whatever reason I choose it at that time.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its just a redneck thing. I remember my cousins/uncle growing up were big Ford guys, my dad always had Dodge. So they would be like is you climbing a hill and start to run up it and fall down. Then be like this is a ford and run up it. It's mainly mindless gibberish for neanderthals and children to argue over. All brands have mostly good, and all brands have times where someone gets a piece of crap then they hate on it.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
That's hilarious. Never heard that one before. Can't wait to hit my Brother with it.

My all time favorite.

Fix
It
Again
Tony

Speaking of FCA:)
Hey hey now.

I had my mid-life crisis and traded my '09 1500 in for a black Fiat 500 Abarth and loved it. That's the only one that does not say Fiat on it. Also had dual exhaust pipes and no mufflers factory. I drove that thing like I stole it every day. Hard!

Taking an exit ramp off Rt 287 N in Mahwah NJ at 80 mph and drifting the tail out all the way around the 270 degree circle was intense!

I put YellowStuff pads & EMC rotors on it once a year! Tires once a yr too.

They actually give you a free track day at the racetrack of your choice. I chose Englishtown Taceway Park. I was the old man there but there were only 2 guys that beat me in total out of 42 people. Racers taught us how to really drive it and then it was their turn to show us. Holy Crap! I thought I was pretty good but I was very puckered and thought he was gonna roll it!

I sold when I realized I would probably die in it if I kept it. Saw 100+ mph daily.
Took the S turns on Rt 23 in Butler, NJ at 85 in a 35 zone. This car was glued to the ground. It only weighed about 2300 lbs.

Finally traded it in for my '17 2500 CCLB 392 4X4 4.10's. I had zero problems for 2 yrs and 40,000 miles. It's been a long time since I had something that dangerous. Wouldn't trade thos 40k miles for the world!
It just made a ****** pickup truck. LOL!

992e493c40691ec16d9b7209458c402e.jpg
0a5c9603d1740efdd5ed38d5f8c57247.jpg
d20871a6df82c085207df953c3dbf0b5.jpg

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Because its the top 3.... Its been going on for decades... Chevy hates Ford and Dodge, Ford hates Chevy and Dodge, Dodge hates Ford and Chevy... So stupid but prob goes back to all the drags on the strips in the 50's
The only difference is us Ram guys are right, the others are wrong...:D

PJ Snyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd find new people to associate with. I drive what I drive because I wanted it and I pay for it. I dont need to listen to someone question my financial decisions.

You can always tell them that if they want to pay the note, you'll drive whatever they want you to. Until they do, they can keep their opinions to themselves about it and try to act like adults.

PJ Snyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I live in an area where they make Chevy and GMC trucks. Of course they think they're the best but you see a lot of Rams in this area so they're are some enlightened people around.

dls56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Have had the big three and a tundra as well, all new. Am fanatical about maintenance so they were all successful purchases, I love my Ram right now more than any of the others. Can't overstress the importance of maintenance.

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As an old grizzly superintendent once told me -

"I'd rather run down the road carrying a Ram steering wheel than drive a Ford or Chevy......"

LOLOL

Pete
Heard pushing a .......insert brand here.... than driving a .....insert lesser brand in your opinion here....

Like yours better!