Wife’s Feet Are Freezing...... HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MikeG71

MikeG71

U.S. ARMY '02 - '12
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega 2500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Long over due update.......

I finally got the time to look into this today. Seems like the blend door broke at some point in the truck’s past. The PO removed it but never installed a new one. I installed a new blend door, so hopefully Momma’s feet will be nice and toasty now. Thanks again for all the input and advice!

OP
OP
MikeG71

MikeG71

U.S. ARMY '02 - '12
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega 2500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok so riddle me this......

after installing the door I verified the door functioned as should. I reinstalled the fan and called it good to go. Fast forward a few hours we we’re heading to the store and when I turned the fan on high there was a horrible low rumbling vibration. My wife said she could feel it vibrating her feet. It was only really noticeable on the 2 highest speeds....WTF?

So today I went out to remove the fan to see what I could find. I found this sitting in the Squirrel Cage.....

E2B9E4FE-3C38-4963-9530-5C3C0E7AA02D.jpeg B050F842-E9AA-4C29-AFA3-4D95AA0CA000.jpeg 8E1C219E-33CB-410B-A32A-729E03766E87.jpeg

Anyone have any idea what or where this is from??

It’s not the piece from the original door (that mounts door to actuator). That was still installed, I removed it and threw it away. This piece also wasn’t in the fan when I dropped it the first time. So maybe it was sitting on the ledge by the fan cage; and fell in after I reinstalled the fan. (????) I reached around in the box and didn’t feel anything out of place. Not that I fully know what I should be feeling for. Lol!

If anyone has any insight please let me know. I’m hoping there isn’t something else needing replaced. All the other controls and functions seem to operate properly.

Thanks again! ~Mike

Last edited: