Will 18" wheels fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 21 BTS with 20" wheels. I have an opportunity to pick up a set of factory 18" take off wheels for cheap for winter. I know the 18" Rebel wheels will fit but I believe these are off a lower trimmed truck so I want to make sure they'll fit before I pay for these. I'm assuming the brakes and hubs are the same throughout the trim levels but not sure. Anyone know if these will work without any clearance issues? Screenshot_20211013-090754_eBay.jpg

andymax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm pretty sure they will fit because you can order a Bighorn with either 18 or 20" wheels. I'm assuming the 18" are off of a new body (2019+ DT).

I'd like to be in this same situation...wish I could find some reasonable 18" takeoffs for winter.

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
I know 100% these will fit. I have a thread on here. I went from 22 to 18 for my winter tyres. Just make sure you pick right tyre wall height and you don’t even need to alter Speedo.

They look very tight to calipers but all is well with mine. There are pictures on thread too.

Clive

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
My truck is a 2021 1500 Longhorn 5th gen. I don’t know what a BTS is? so I hope that my reply helped

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My truck is a 2021 1500 Longhorn 5th gen. I don’t know what a BTS is? so I hope that my reply helped
BTS (Built To Serve) was the specially equipped Big Horns in honor of the U.S. military that were produced in limited quantities. Here's an old article about it...

Doug Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel _3.0
Order tire size 265/75R18 and you will have the proper size tire for that rim, which is what I made sure I ordered on mine (to get maximum cargo capacity for my 1500 EcoDT).

Hey, You can have my tires if you want, they have maybe another 10,000 miles in them, and are sitting under my porch. Otherwise I think I will chop up them up and use them as dock bumpers.

Have you checked what kind of spare Ram stuck you with? You might want to take a look.... cause once you see what's back there you might want 5 of those rims and a 5th tire for a real spare. My "full size spare tire on a steel rim" turned out to be a low profile donut on a 20 inch, narrow rim. It has hardly any tread, good for about 50 miles... maybe. Lord help you if you have to use that spare in bad weather or offroad, as I did in Great Bend National Park. I was lucky, I didn't have to use the spare until we were within 100 yards of being back on the paved highway thru the park.

And after riding on good regular profile truck tires you may not go back. The ride is better on rough pavement and so is the grip. Low profile tires on a truck... Really folks?

OP
OP
Rlaf75

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm pretty sure they will fit because you can order a Bighorn with either 18 or 20" wheels. I'm assuming the 18" are off of a new body (2019+ DT).

I'd like to be in this same situation...wish I could find some reasonable 18" takeoffs for winter.
Check out ebay. That's where I got these

OP
OP
Rlaf75

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Order tire size 265/75R18 and you will have the proper size tire for that rim, which is what I made sure I ordered on mine (to get maximum cargo capacity for my 1500 EcoDT).

Hey, You can have my tires if you want, they have maybe another 10,000 miles in them, and are sitting under my porch. Otherwise I think I will chop up them up and use them as dock bumpers.

Have you checked what kind of spare Ram stuck you with? You might want to take a look.... cause once you see what's back there you might want 5 of those rims and a 5th tire for a real spare. My "full size spare tire on a steel rim" turned out to be a low profile donut on a 20 inch, narrow rim. It has hardly any tread, good for about 50 miles... maybe. Lord help you if you have to use that spare in bad weather or offroad, as I did in Great Bend National Park. I was lucky, I didn't have to use the spare until we were within 100 yards of being back on the paved highway thru the park.

And after riding on good regular profile truck tires you may not go back. The ride is better on rough pavement and so is the grip. Low profile tires on a truck... Really folks?
Yeah that's the size that fits these wheels stock. I'm just worried about the speedo because I currently have 275-55-20 on the truck stock.

Doug Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel _3.0
Yeah that's the size that fits these wheels stock. I'm just worried about the speedo because I currently have 275-55-20 on the truck stock.
The 265/75R18 tires on 18 inch rims should be the same tire diameter as the lower profile 20 inch rims you have. So they should work. You can also use https://tiresize.com/tires/Ram/1500/2021/Limited/. It spits back a list of wheel rim and tire sizes that are smaller, bigger and the same size diameter as what you've got.

whydahdvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Gas
I was reading through this thread and had question related to my 5th gen Ram. I have a 2020 Laramie Longhorn, no air suspension, with the 22 inch rims. I want to put the 18 inch Rebel rims on my truck to use Duratrac tires. Eventually I may upgrade the suspension to add an inch in height, maybe use the Bilstein 5100s.
My question is if the 18 inch Rebel rims will fit on my wheel hubs in place of the 22 inch rims, and fit around the calipers. I was speaking with my local tire shop yesterday and they didn't think they would fit, that the rims would make contact with the calipers. I'm wondering if this is true, I know they're very close, and what options I should consider. Seems such a shame to have a great truck with 4WD and I can't really upgrade it to handle dirt/sand/gravel roads, snow, and rougher conditions like what we have here in New England or New Mexico.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
Yes they will fit on your truck. The OEM 18" wheels will fit any 1500 model.

They do barely clear though. My tire shop had to mount the wheel weights more inward as they would rub on the caliper.

The take-offs that the OP posted about were on my truck (those wheels are a $1200 option) and they do fit.

You get into trouble with aftermarket 18" wheels. Depending on the specs they may not fit because of how little clearance there is.

I loved my 18" wheels but wasn't a fan of how little space there was between the caliper and inside of the wheel (about 1/8" maybe - give or take). Never had a problem though outside of being cautious of wheel weight placement.

Last edited: