Will H8 battery fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Thinking about getting a new battery and moving the 94R battery to another vehicle. Will a H8 battery fit in a 13 Ram 1500, I looked at specs and appears to just be about 1.5 inches longer. Locally 94R(h7) batteries are harder to find and like $150+ but I can find H8 excide for $30 less, if fits. Just wondering, would be better specs also.

OP
OP
rotwiler

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Nice, I did already put in a 94R AGM, but if the H8 does fit, my Camaro uses the exact same 94R battery as the Ram, so eventually can do a H8 in Ram and move the 94R to the Camaro.

BrewCrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Nice, I did already put in a 94R AGM, but if the H8 does fit, my Camaro uses the exact same 94R battery as the Ram, so eventually can do a H8 in Ram and move the 94R to the Camaro.

I'm going to try it out tomorrow. I'll post back if it works.

OP
OP
rotwiler

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I'm pretty sure after looking at battery box it should fit with no issues. Did you ever get the H8 in? Result

cityredneck

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
just so yall know, i put in a h8 battery in my 1500 today. when you take the old battery out there is a little rectangle in the battery try that comes out. i used a flat head screwdriver to push the tab to take it out. new battery fits in place just fine. no issues. i didn't think to take a pic of the little rectangle piece that needs to come out for the bigger battery.

Neil E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What's the advantage of using the wrong battery? I'm assuming CCA? Can't you cause electrical issues if you use to strong or weak battery?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's the advantage of using the wrong battery? I'm assuming CCA? Can't you cause electrical issues if you use to strong or weak battery?
Bigger battery wont cause problems. Usually used for vehicles with higher power demands ie: winch, lights, or audio system. To small if a battery can cause issues. I plan on swapping up to an h8 agm battery when my battery dies.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Going up to an H8 battery will give you a higher capacity battery (CCA, PHCA, Ah, Reserve Capacity, etc). As long as it's a nominal 12V battery, there is no issues with using a higher capacity battery than stock, the truck electrical will draw what it needs to and the battery will run longer. Going with too small of a capacity battery will result in too much voltage drop which will cause electrical problems.
I went from the stock 800 CCA AGM(EcoD) up to an Odyssey 49-950(H8) which is a 950 CCA battery with no problems. Just an FYI the factory Hemi battery is a flooded acid battery 730 CCA

cityredneck

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i put a walmart everstart maxx h8, 900cca. they didn't have the amg h8 platinum in stock and i didn't want to wait so got the next step down.

Midknight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Does the H8 lock in to the tray? Basically is it secure so it won’t shift around?

Matts175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a question.... that "blanket cover thing" that's on the stock h7 battery, does it fit the new/larger H8 battery? If not, is it needed?

Last edited:

cityredneck

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a question.... that "blanket cover thing" that's on the stock h7 battery, does it fit the new/larger H8 battery? If not, is it needed?

i tried putting it on my battery and it just ripped and tore, so i threw it away. i have had no issues, i think it is there is help keep the battery cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter is all.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The H7 blanket won't fit, the H8 battery is about an 1.5" longer than the H7.
As mentioned I think the battery blanket helps insulate the battery from the heat/cold. If you want a blanket that will fit the H8 battery, look up factory one for an EcoDiesel as they come with that size battery.