Will lift for 13-18 Ram fit 09?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GRKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My dad bought this lift for his 2016 1500, but he ended up buying a camper and doesn’t want to tow with a lift, so I was thinking about putting it on my truck, a 2009 1500. Both 4x4s with 5.7s. Kit says for 13-18, will it fit the 2009? I’m not familiar with any suspension changes that may have been made but I assumed it was all the same gen so it should fit ‍♂️
It’s the 3” rear springs option with HD upper control arms and fox adventure shocks.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
What's different are the provisions for power steering vs electric steering.

Last edited:

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Found it. Forgot about the front diff being different. You need the old style drop down brackets for the AAM front diff.

"Unique to this system from the 2009-2011 models is an updated differential relocation system specifically designed for the newer front differential housing. A differential skid plate is included for added strength and protection for trips off the beaten path."

OP
OP
GRKN

GRKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Found it. Forgot about the front diff being different. You need the old style drop down brackets for the AAM front diff.

"Unique to this system from the 2009-2011 models is an updated differential relocation system specifically designed for the newer front differential housing. A differential skid plate is included for added strength and protection for trips off the beaten path."
So if I get the different brackets it should work? In which case, where could I buy those?

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Dare I say hit up nick@gotexhaust! He's always been a go to for parts on this forum
So if I get the different brackets it should work? In which case, where could I buy those?

Yup. Everything else is the same! Enjoy!

Last edited:
OP
OP
GRKN

GRKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dare I say hit up nick@gotexhaust! He's always been a go to for parts on this forum

Yup. Everything else is the same! Enjoy!
I PMed him and he said I'd need "2 tie rods, diff spacers, driveshaft spacer, etc" and quoted me $900 for all of it. Is all that really necessary? Whatever the case I'm certainly not paying another $900 on top of the $2000 for the original kit.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I PMed him and he said I'd need "2 tie rods, diff spacers, driveshaft spacer, etc" and quoted me $900 for all of it. Is all that really necessary? Whatever the case I'm certainly not paying another $900 on top of the $2000 for the original kit.
To clarify to everyone. Zone will not sell the parts needed separately. You need to get the boxes that the needed parts are in to get what is needed. That is why the price is so high as there will be more parts purchased than just what is needed.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Whatever the case I'm certainly not paying another $900 on top of the $2000 for the original kit.

I literally posted the tread with all the part #s to save you time and money. And you're pissed that a vendor tries to source it for you and make a living... thats mind-blowing dude.

Nick goes above and beyond for folks on here.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sell the kit to recoup for the kit you need for your model. Mix n match. Keep the high dollars shocks and stuff. Just a thought.

OP
OP
GRKN

GRKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I literally posted the tread with all the part #s to save you time and money. And you're pissed that a vendor tries to source it for you and make a living... thats mind-blowing dude.

Nick goes above and beyond for folks on here.
Never said I was pissed, like I said in a pm to Nick I was just trying to get feedback and opinions, see if there were other options.

I’m certainly not very knowledgeable when it comes to suspension and axles and all that, but it looked to me like that thread was for a lot more then I’m trying to do :shrug:

OP
OP
GRKN

GRKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sell the kit to recoup for the kit you need for your model. Mix n match. Keep the high dollars shocks and stuff. Just a thought.
That was my thought also, I put it on marketplace for $2000 (it’s at least $2500 value with the hd UCAs and fox rear shocks) but have had absolutely zero interest.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, Ive watched a base Zone 6” lift in my area sit for 12 weeks @$1600. I may throw an offer at him, but Im sure he has tired of lowballs.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You want to make an offer on mine? Lol
Nah, Im just ribbing you. I mean I’d love to have it, but my set up is good for 35’s without looking stuffed. No need for more. Spent my slush money on a tuner and some brake & exhaust upgrades.
“ I wanna go fast!”

OP
OP
GRKN

GRKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nah, Im just ribbing you. I mean I’d love to have it, but my set up is good for 35’s without looking stuffed. No need for more. Spent my slush money on a tuner and some brake & exhaust upgrades.
“ I wanna go fast!”
Fair enough haha

OP
OP
GRKN

GRKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Slightly unrelated, but another idea I was tossing around is doing just a 3" or so lift, I understand over about 2" I would want to upgrade upper control arms. Would the hd UCAs in the 6" kit work with that or are they specifically designed for 6" of lift?