Will my dogs sufficate in the bed of the truck with a tonneau?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Blows to the head from being tossed around the bed of the truck? Wtf?? Some one has apparently tried drifting with their pet or some life form in their bed and it didn't turn out so well. So how many people have had their dogs in the bed of their truck and their dog was beaten to death from getting slammed around because they drive like a *******?? " hear that??" Silence (NO ONE DOES you retard) - I applaud you op for having the balls to ask this question" But this is the Internet and you can't just get all the reasonable good responses. My dog loves ridding in the bed of the truck-

No need for personal attacks nor your comments. You make a factual statement that you do not have facts of.

I went from a regular cab to a club cab so I could crate my dog. After she flew into the dash/windshield . Came back from impact hitting my right arm ,thigh then hit 4 wheel shifter on the floor - no broken bones but very bruised and sore. I was driving on expressway (55 back then) in light ran but very windy. I had no weight in bed of pickup. I didn't realize (no electronics like today's vehicles) temps had dropped very fast and enough to to glaze roads. 360 a few times and ended up still in my lane heading in the right direction. My dog was tied down not with the new harnesses they make, didn't keep her from flying around. Her hitting me caused me as much concern as injuring her. So for my safety my pets and others I crate my dog. My current dog does ride in passenger side footwell when all seats are used when returning from paddling - but very short trips and I've never thought to throw him in bed even in his crate. He'd gladly ride there- just to be doing something with me. He as most dogs wants to please me, he can't do that if he's at home. He's my kayaking buddy does he love to kayak ? I don't know . What I know is he wants to be with me, so if I'm in a kayak he's in too. And yes he has a life vest - we both do. And we both can swim he's a really good swimmer. He'll climb out and swim then climb back into kayak.
For the unsecured pet in open bed- you risk your pet and others. Yes pets do jump out of moving vehicles and have caused accidents-fact. Personal knowledge of it! My friend, an old farmer his dog jumped out in on coming traffic. Car missed dog but ditch caught car. Dog had ****** paws and lost fur on hip. My friend was financially responsible for other vehicle's damages.

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No 50 lbs springer. He can make himself really small when he wants to go! [emoji6] no he sits on my feet I ride with him. He even did this in my Jeeps foot wheel. But the longest ride was 4 miles. This isn't the norm but when 4 or 5 go his crate has to come out. If I'm in the vehicle and he's not crated he wants to be with /on me.
My Happy boy?
https://vimeo.com/139793814

Hemifatboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
The thing about being a dog is you can't always get what you want , he would love to ride in the front seat like people but he's a dog , he drools , he likes to roll in funky stuff and thinks cat crap is candy , he would also like to sit at the table an eat steak mashed potatos and gravy every night too , but that's not happening either , he eats dry food on the floor and rides in the back of the truck, and he's not my happy boy , he's a dog

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't have anything else to add cause I've convinced myself this thread is fake. here's more pics of my spoiled dog
7720107f9a5a313ddf00670e2d55f656.jpg

8c9a6b64c3fc48570569eea0087ae504.jpg

af41bedd0d8bec5e5d88149ab33c2b2a.jpg

588246f0f49b671f3d505c85c74518d1.jpg

Sent from my phone made of sticks while I attempt to hug every tree in a rainforest

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Similar thought too. But I think it's also like "can I tow it with my 1500?
Do what you want but in life there are consequences for poor decisions.
My dog safe, I'm safe and others are safe from a dog jumping out of bed or flying into driver.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442686038.884516.jpg

Hemifatboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
It's all good , there's always room for another Toyota prius forum and a my dogs gayer then your dog thread , not that there's anything wrong with it

OP
OP
B

bmcfiv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
love all the dog pics.

this is turning into more effort to figure out than it's worth, i'm thinking i'll just buy crates and contractor bags, that's a good suggestion.

i'm still contemplating testing the carbon monoxide levels with the tonneau closed, as for claustrophobia i could give them some benadryl before the ride (joking, couldn't resist).

i don't bring my dogs with me everywhere, but when we leave for the weekend we take them us

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
OMG THIS IS FUNNY.
Just vent it and go. They'll be fine. Dogs love truck rides.
Best, take the cover off for the trip. Build a cover so they can have shade and hit the road.
Or fold the top in half.
My dog, English Setter, loves the truck cab, the truck box, the car, the Peterbilt I used to drive. Doesn't matter as long as he's going for a ride.

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why don't you sleep in there one night with it all sealed up?

If your wife finds you dead in the morning, she'll know not to try it.

Bonus: It will free up a spot in the cab!!

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why don't you sleep in there one night with it all sealed up?

If your wife finds you dead in the morning, she'll know not to try it.

Bonus: It will free up a spot in the cab!!

I'm 100% sure that'll you will live and 100% sure that you're stupid

KarL45

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express quad cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 MDS
Maybe install a low topper with a front sliding window. Open it into the truck cab for some cooler air circulation. Older dogs won't tolerate the heat or cold as well as younger ones. Wait until you get older and sure it will effect you the same way. Seriously, please don't do it. Thanks from me and also your dogs.

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is the law regarding transporting animals in your pickup cargo bed?

Colorado does not have a law specifically requiring animals to be secured when being transported in the open area of a vehicle. In other words, the animal does not need to be restrained or secured whether inside an enclosed part of the vehicle or within the cargo bed. However laws prohibiting animal cruelty may always be invoked if a police officer determines that a transportation method rises to the standard of cruelty to animals. Both the ASPCA and the American Humane Association recommend restraining dogs when transporting them in pickup truck cargo beds.
http://www.canidae.com/blog/2011/08/dogs-in-pickup-truck-beds-safety-first.html
http://animals.howstuffworks.com/pets/pet-travel/us-pet-travel-laws4.htm
http://www.seattletimes.com/life/pe...in-the-bed-of-a-pickup-dangerous-and-illegal/
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442789424.643527.jpg

MrHarleyGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I sent a copy of this post to Joe Santagato.. Idiots of the Internet for Part 6... Check it youtube..