WIN Module Bypassing??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mgreene

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, first I may be posting in the wrong place,, wasn’t 100% sure where this should go. I have a 2014 dodge ram 1500 with the 5.7 at the mill where I work. We are having trouble with the WIN module/ key fob starting the truck. You have to hold pressure on the fob and turn off and on multiple times to ever get it to activate. Once the Ram icon comes on the dash the start function works without issue. What I am wondering is can I require the Win module to use a toggle switch and push button to start the truck? I have been looking for a wiring diagram so I could possibly see what each of the wires do. It has the single connection with only 4 wires attached to it. It would be a huge undertaking to try and get a rollback to take this to a dealer to change modules and reprogram key fob so trying to figure something we can do in house to make it more reliable. I am not concerned with anything security wise as the truck is operated inside of the mill only & is never locked. The key actually never comes out of the truck. Anyone have any suggestions or possible the wiring diagram for this? Thanks for all input.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep. It's well documented on this site and other Chrysler (car/suv) sits too. There are a lot of videos and write-ups. Dirty contacts an/or cracked solder joints.