WIN Module Replacement options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Montanabadfish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2012 Dodge Ram 1500...I need a new ignition switch and programed key fob. Dealership wants almost a grand....there has to be companies out there that rebuild these, maybe sell new. Program the fobs to the module and ship them to you? What is the best bang for my buck here?

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What seems to be the issue? Have you tried cleaning it? There are several Youtube videos about Ram ..and Chrysler, Win modules. Have you checked internet sites (Rockauto, ebay, Amazon, mopar online parts)?

IDK how DIY you are ..or want to be, but you could program your own with AlfaOBD software ..which is ~$50 (plus you'll need a cable).

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
What seems to be the issue? Have you tried cleaning it? There are several Youtube videos about Ram ..and Chrysler, Win modules. Have you checked internet sites (Rockauto, ebay, Amazon, mopar online parts)?

IDK how DIY you are ..or want to be, but you could program your own with AlfaOBD software ..which is ~$50 (plus you'll need a cable).
Yeep, we used alfaobd to program a new fob for @the_goodguy07 's truck a few months ago and it took 5 minutes to do so ...

Hopefully he only needs a new FOB and not the WIN module

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I went to a local Mobile Locksmith, who also has a brick & mortar store

The mobile vans were gone, but one of the two gals in the store knew how to use the programmer.

For a new FOB, new cut Valet Key & the programming cost $149.98 & it took less than 30 minutes

I was also told that if i bought in a blank FOB, they would program it for $49.98

Another Locksmith that sell FOBs & program them are
ACE HARDWARE
Tractor Supply, possibly

There is another company, that i have heard of, that may be worth checking out is

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Pretty sure a 2012 will be on the dash though...

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
you can bypass it as well, hook up push button to the cig lighter relay, but you need to hide the button cause anyone could start the truck.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
JeepWalker, you are likely correct
not sure when the change was made

It may have been when they started using the Push Button Start with Keyless Entry ??

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The WIN module in my 14 would not unlock so I could remove the Key fobik . It could be turned off with a little force which I did for a while. I eventually bought a new WIN and mounted it . I left the old one hang from the wires until the date came that the dealer said they could program my FOBIKs. , Probably came to less than 200 for WIN and programing . When I arrived at the dealer I reached under the dash and moved the plug to the new WIN and the dealer did their thing . Now with ALFAobd I see no reason to involve the dealer at all . I did take the original WIN apart and resoldiered one wire back on the electric motor that controled the lock part of it . The new one has since went bad so I simply reinstalled my original WIN and all has been well for years .

Richard

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 sport crew 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you can bypass it as well, hook up push button to the cig lighter relay, but you need to hide the button cause anyone could start the truck.

Richard

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 sport crew 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried the bypass fairly simple to hookup the engine would crank but not start . any ideas?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I tried the bypass fairly simple to hookup the engine would crank but not start . any ideas?
Would need a lot more info, codes? Crank or canshaft position sensor?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel