Winch / Front bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vr69racing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Winch mounting plate and front bumper both seem to connect to the same intermediate bracket that connects to the frame. Every time I winch or pull with the hooks, the front bumper comes out of alignment. Anyone else experience this?I
I think the winch plate should be direct to the frame horns.....

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Okay, I'm going to have to go out and look at mine, but I was pretty sure my winch bracket is attached directly to the frame...

That said, I have winched several times (mostly pulling small, 3-4" diameter trees out by the roots - and yes, ALWAYS use a strap or something) and my bumper has never moved. It sounds like you've got something serious going on.

OP
OP
V

Vr69racing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay, I'm going to have to go out and look at mine, but I was pretty sure my winch bracket is attached directly to the frame...

That said, I have winched several times (mostly pulling small, 3-4" diameter trees out by the roots - and yes, ALWAYS use a strap or something) and my bumper has never moved. It sounds like you've got something serious going on.

what did you find on you rs? I assume a 17uses same intermediate brackets. Also I'm doing some heavy winching.

3TV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You must be doing some very heavy winching, or something wasn't tightened properly. I had mine buried to the frame once, and the 12,000 pound winch almost couldn't pull it out. But nothing moved with the winch mount or bumper