Wind noise 2019 big horn edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sherazc1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Had my truck for a few years now and the wind noise coming from the drivers side door/mirror area has finally got to me. Only happens when driving 70+ on windy days. Took it to the dealership twice and they couldn’t replicate the problem. Checked door seals etc and all good. Any ideas??

jonjon69691

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have a 2019 Bighorn 5.7L also and I have the same complaint, only when driving 55mph. I’m thinking of having the door trims reinstalled but with noise/barrier insulation. In fact, a coworker of mine has mentioned he has the same issue. It’s NOT life altering, but it would be nice to quiet down my cabin.

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Had my truck for a few years now and the wind noise coming from the drivers side door/mirror area has finally got to me. Only happens when driving 70+ on windy days. Took it to the dealership twice and they couldn’t replicate the problem. Checked door seals etc and all good. Any ideas??
If you find a solution, there’s several thousand of us that would like to know what it is.

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
This must depend on the trim level and body style, I have a 2019 Bighorn 2500 and have no noise at all at any speed up to 80 mph... just finished up a trip from Ohio to South Dakota and back, cab was quiet except for my "Road Trip Radio" playing.

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can't say I've ever noticed it either and I just got back from a long road trip where I was occasionally up to almost 90. And I have the same model. Tow mirrors or regular?

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
This must depend on the trim level and body style, I have a 2019 Bighorn 2500 and have no noise at all at any speed up to 80 mph... just finished up a trip from Ohio to South Dakota and back, cab was quiet except for my "Road Trip Radio" playing.
It’s a DT / Gen 5 body style thing.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I have a laramie and I have had that same noise a few times. it ocassionally happens on my truck when travelling at highway speeds and there is a strong or gusty crosswind. happened again yesterday on my way back to ft. worth from Ruidoso n.m. a chirping sound. I have dbl. checked to door seal and even considered adjusting the door latch but other than that I dont know what one could do. it seems that it only happens because a strong crosswind would create enough vacuum on the downwind side to pull the door out slightly so the solution would be to make it latch tighter. when I talked to my dealer about it I got the usual blank stare so I didnt want them to fool with it since it is a pretty rare happening and they may screw up something else trying to fix it.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have some wind noise on MY 19 DT, early build. Annoying but as said not life altering, so turn up radio volume a lil. I get the worst noise from PAX side cross wind.

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I had written a whole article about how you can deal with this and I just deleted it all because I recently bought some fuzzy tape meant for wire looms that would be perfect for this.

A few strips on the painted side of the door to build up any low spot, and since it's fuzzy, it will diffuse any wind that does get through.

If you want to check for gaps first, clean the inside of the door and smear Vaseline on the seal, then close and open the door and look for dry spots on the painted side. You might find a large gap.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I will add that cruising at 80 on I-20 yesterday my brother in law remarked about how much quieter my ram is compared to his '17 silverado 1500 LTZ is at that speed.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Like BOIRD said previously, I live with it, just turn radio a bit more volume. I enjoy the ride too much to worry bout a lil wind. U should have heard the gap noise in my wife's 2010 F 150 4 X 4 with the Triton 5.4. Boy, was it windy, but that truck ran like a top. Now in Wisconsin, sold to her son when she died, he keeps it in garage in winter, has like 48K on Odometer. Dang good truck as long as U do not mind plastic interior, lmao