Wind noise.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TcRoc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine has alot of wind noise.. just figured it was just sub par seals or what not.. The woman opens and closes the passenger window sometimes cause she says it sounds like a leaf is stuck somewhere

mjt614

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had a similar issue but wasn't related to the door. Mine sounded like a wind noise from the passenger side but the dealership had luckily just fixed the problem recently.

Try this - if you turn off your re-circulation does it still make it? I guess that the re-circulation fan is on the passenger side and they had to pull off the dash and replace it for it to fix the issue for me. Might not be your fix but guessing if I wasn't the only one at that dealer it may be a slightly more common issue.

Tom peluso

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It’s not mirrors or bug deflectors etc like they told me, if I turn on recirc fan all noise goes away. Finally they pulled the back seats and took it down the road with a tech in the back and at 60mph the rear vent closed causing cab pressure and forcing doors out therefore allowing wind noise in. Tech removed bottom weather stripping between cab and box this solved the cabin pressure issue and wind noise up front. Now I have Moore noise in back because of removed weatherstripping from cab to box. I’m not happy that a new truck would need sound proofing weatherstripping removed. Bottom line check your rear venting by turning I on recirc see if noise goes away.

OP
OP
D Rogers

D Rogers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have been experimenting with my back door / wind noise.Mine is coming from the door latch ,there is a wee gap that goes right to the cab.A little silicone and it's almost completely gone.If you notice when you shut your rear doors they don't seem as solid as the front doors,it's the door latch needs adjusted.Loosen it lightly then tighten it again.One more thing I found was these Falken A/ T tires are a bit noisy Wich contributed to some of my noise.

KJ6MTJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had this occur too, mine is from passenger door. Looked at door gasket and it appears ok.

n-humble

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Add me to the list. My new 2019 1500 Limited was in for a body issue and they gave me a Classic 1500 Lonestar to drive home. It has a more quiet cabin than my new Limited. Something is going on that allows more road/wind noise into the cabin of these new 2019 body styles. @RamCares are you listening?

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
I must have lucked out, have driven about 700 miles in high winds doing 70mph no noise in my crew cab. its so quiet its scary lol.

n-humble

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dealer applied fix for road noise to my 1500 Limited. Made a BIG difference. Researching this on another forum, it seems RAM factory stopped installing a rubber gasket, part #68309888AA, between the box and the cab sometime around September of last year. Mine did not have the gasket. It was ordered and installed by dealer. Funny thing is, the dealer is only allowed to order one of these per week. There must be a shortage and the factory decided to ship trucks without this gasket, road noise be damned.

Looking at other 2019 1500 on the dealer's lot ... some have the gasket, some do not.

AJ M

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the same issue on my week old new 2019 limited. Sounds like rear door/window isn't shut completely. Going to dealership today. Does anyone know if the missing cab seal fixes this issue.

n-humble

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the same issue on my week old new 2019 limited. Sounds like rear door/window isn't shut completely. Going to dealership today. Does anyone know if the missing cab seal fixes this issue.

It did for me.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know it’s the window because while I was driving and heard it, I took off my seatbelt leaned over and pressed on the window. You can hear the sound change from stopping completely or getting in pitch. Try it or have a passenger do it for you.

Question did you put rain guards on your four windows some go in the track with the glass and stops the window from going all the way up into the frame to seal it that happened to me but I don't give a crap turn the music up I spent to much on the rain guards weather tec to get them replaced

Mckisback

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had the same issue on new 2019 Longhorn. It’s really irritating. Dodge needs to fix this.!

mortarman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does this problem show up on both quad and crew cab or is it more one than the other?

OP
OP
D Rogers

D Rogers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I installed the cab / box seal that was not put on my truck from the factory .. have no idea why it wasn't installed? Anyway besides the right rear door weather strip in question initially my concern...the wind noise is gone!! 17$ dollar fix..Dealer part I installed myself.It just ****** me off that Ram didn't install this part.

OP
OP
D Rogers

D Rogers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
52000 $ Truck..Minus this super important part?

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a Quad cab and my noise is coming from my drivers side window, If I press on the upper window towards the rear I'm able to get the noise to change, where is this seal between the box and the cab does it go on both sides?

OP
OP
D Rogers

D Rogers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Part number is 68309888AA.A simple rubber weather strip that sits between the bed and the cab .5 push button fasteners.Super easy too install.Ram Assembly line I guess decided not to install this on some of our trucks!!Crazy.My thoughts are it causes some kind of turbolance between the too.