Wind noise.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaybear

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just got a 2019 Big Horn 1500 3 weeks ago. It has the Active Noise Control and the inside of the cab has been extremely quiet inside. Up till a few days ago where now it is noisy on the passenger side while driving. It sounds like I have the window cracked open a bit. However I do not and my doors are completely shut. I'm also feeling a draft coming from the center console. I'm in the northeast so I feel the outside cold air blowing from the center console when I put my hand in it and the draft on my right leg while sitting there. What the hell is going on!?!?

borden

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone happen to have a picture where this seal goes? I have the same wind noise in the back and would like to see if I have the seal.

Jerrybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So I installed the cab / box seal that was not put on my truck from the factory .. have no idea why it wasn't installed? Anyway besides the right rear door weather strip in question initially my concern...the wind noise is gone!! 17$ dollar fix..Dealer part I installed myself.It just ****** me off that Ram didn't install this part.
How is this part secured to truck? Easy to install??

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It comes with push pins it looks like it fastens under the cab between the cab and box, so it looks on the part illustration, let you know when I receive mine.

OP
OP
D Rogers

D Rogers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Super easy install,with push pins.Make sure you don't use the first hole you see on the bed body ,it's the second one .It sits centered on the bed box.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi, All just received my weather strip between bed and box, make sure you use the second hole on the bed to mount the push pins, it took allot of my noise away.

Rebel2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My new Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab has a very annoying wind noise.It comes from the rear passenger side starts at 35 mph.Sounds like the door is open, anyone have this issue?

I have the same problem on my 2020 Rebel. 4 Days old and sounds like the right rear passenger door isn’t closed. I don’t like the design of the weather strip on the door.

Caleb Johnson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has there been any found solution to this? I have the whistle start at about 35+ mph on the front passenger window of my 2019 1500 limited.

attaboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK, guys. Here's my take on this: I had the same problem with my 2019 Ram. Didn't notice it until a recent road trip. Only happens when there is a cross wind coming from the passenger side. No side wind, no wind noise. Fix: haven't a clue.

RamFun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck has the same wind noise issue. Dealer is working on it. Said may be couling or blue tooth mic. HMMMM, yep we will see. I will keep you posted. At least they are trying.

dinger5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
sure hope they get it figured out as alot of peeps are having the same problem!!

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
My truck has the same wind noise issue. Dealer is working on it. Said may be couling or blue tooth mic. HMMMM, yep we will see. I will keep you posted. At least they are trying.

doubt if it has anything to do with a mic. on mine it was a deafening whistle that coincided with crosswind gusts. my theory is faulty door seal as a strong gust of wind on one side may create a vacuum on the other, pulling the door out just enough to create a whistle.

supercanadian

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
5.7 no etorque
I just wanted to update that I had the wind noise from the driver side a pillar front window dash area once I got up to 60km/h or faster. The wind noise was their no matter what I did with the climate controls, windows up or down, sunroof open...etc always had wind noise any time I drove.

I read on the other ram forum about a guy who had the dealer seal just below the cowl/wiper area around the firewall some air leaks. I tried to do this but was pretty hard to get all the gaps as the area is so small. If i drove with the cowl off, I had no wind noise, put the cowl back on and the noise returned.

I ended up feeling around in the cab between the windshield and dash. I took the a pillar off and stuff a few rags in the gaps and a rag around the front corner of the dash/windshield and the noise disappeared.

Hope that helps people isolate noise you might be having.

TWILLIAMS9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have wind noise coming from the rear window, passenger side, bottom corner. Dealer had a vendor come in and inspect it, they have to replace a seal. Appointment is on Thursday. I’ll update then.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Am happy to report my brand new 2020 (built in late August 2020) Ram 1500 does not have the whistling noise. I dumped the 2019 and am very happy with the 2020. Clearly FCA changed something between 2019 vs 2020 as it appears the majority of the crosswind noise issue is with 2019 model year Rams. One would think FCA could look at what they changed in the manufacturing process and by process of elimination come up with a solution.

Mike Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I just got a 2019 Big Horn 1500 3 weeks ago. It has the Active Noise Control and the inside of the cab has been extremely quiet inside. Up till a few days ago where now it is noisy on the passenger side while driving. It sounds like I have the window cracked open a bit. However I do not and my doors are completely shut. I'm also feeling a draft coming from the center console. I'm in the northeast so I feel the outside cold air blowing from the center console when I put my hand in it and the draft on my right leg while sitting there. What the hell is going on!?!?

Mike Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Dealer has replaced for seal and today body seal on door and noise is the same, they've had the truck in 5 times to correct. They told me today that the noise is better after test drive and it's not. I was asked if I had "buyer remorse"? I told them I paid over 70k for this 3500 dually and wasn't going to just accept this noise. I've been dealing with this for 11 months! Not sure if I need to hire an attorney? My only remorse at this point in time might be I traded my GMC in for a Ram?