Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Window fell in track and 2 widows have bad air leaks

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Craigg69, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Craigg69

Craigg69 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7l hemi
    Hey everyone, been a while since I've been on or posted. Having a couple problems.
    1. Yesterday as I started my truck the front passenger window started to drop until finally dropped totally inside,when I hit the up bottom on window all I hear is grinding clucking sound coming from the inside of door.
    2. I was just at the dealers 2 days ago for an oil change and had them look at both driver and passengers windows for air leaks when on highway. Every person that rides in my truck after a while looks at the window and ask me if the window is cracked open. The drivers window has a vibrating humming coming from where the window sil is on the door.
    3. They are replacing the drivers seat cover as they can not get the piece that hangs in the front that clips in under the seat to stay.

They had a mechanic take the truck out for a test drive and said the noise is commen with trucks with tow mirrors. My truck never had that noise until about 3 months ago. With the Virus going on they wont let me ride in the truck with the tech so I can point the noise out.

Any had these window problems or what else I can do? Getting tired of these problems and the noise in the cab for a $60,000 truck.

Its going back to the shop again on Friday and they dont have a car I can use while they fix my truck,which is BULL...

Thanks Craig

2. chri5k

chri5k Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Diesel
    My truck has a piece of weatherstrip between the front edge of the rear door and the rear edge of the front door. There was a section near the top that had no clips and it vibrated like an instrument reed. Some double sticky foam tape fixed right up.

Wind noises are a fairly common complaint and tricky to locate sometimes. The dealer really need 2 techs in the truck so one can safely drive and the other can try to localize the noise. Most places won't put 2 techs on a wind noise problem because they can't bill FCA for 2 techs under warranty so they just make up some BS hoping you will go away.

Craigg69 likes this.