Window Trim Warping issue ever resolved with a new part??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mossy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Hi everyone! First time posting here. Thanks in advance for any advice.

As we all know, the rubber lower window trim on our trucks likes to warp over time, especially when exposed to sunlight. I was wondering if a redesigned part was ever made (maybe on the Ram 1500 Classics?) that replaced the material with which the part was made to fix this issue? If so, can someone please send me some part numbers?

I'm trying to keep the trim black if they did in fact improve the piece, but I'm open to buying the chrome ones if it permanently fixes the ugly warping issue.

For everyone's SA: My truck is a 2014 with what I assume to be all original parts as far as the window trim goes, so if the part redesign happened after that year-model was released, I would likely not have that improved part installed. Thanks again!

image0.jpeg

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't have an answer for you, but I noticed my brothers '16 Longhorn was like that. Of course my 2019 isn't like this yet, or hopefully it never will. Mine is a RCSB, so maybe they don't do it. I don't know.

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just recently purchased the OEM chrome version of these, I haven’t installed them yet as my truck goes in the shop tomorrow for hail damage repair. Believe it or not, the chrome one's were cheaper than the rubber style.

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 15 did this and my 19 classic is also starting to do this.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I don't have an answer for you, but I noticed my brothers '16 Longhorn was like that. Of course my 2019 isn't like this yet, or hopefully it never will. Mine is a RCSB, so maybe they don't do it. I don't know.
Whichever side gets more sun will do it. If both sides get sun, both will warp eventually.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I just recently purchased the OEM chrome version of these, I haven’t installed them yet as my truck goes in the shop tomorrow for hail damage repair. Believe it or not, the chrome one's were cheaper than the rubber style.
Do you have a part number and pics? A more rigid part should correct this. If yours isn't rubbery then painting a chrome one might be a fix.

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
These only work if you have the crew cab, DRBLTMLDKIT. Reach out to Benny @ allmoparparts, he is a vendor on here.

OP
OP
M

Mossy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Thanks for all the responses, everybody! I'm thinking I may just grab a set of the chrome ones and be done with this problem. If I do it, I'll post a before and after photo if y'all are interested. Thanks again!

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
My 2017 has developed the same problem in the same spot on both sides.:mad:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thanks for all the responses, everybody! I'm thinking I may just grab a set of the chrome ones and be done with this problem. If I do it, I'll post a before and after photo if y'all are interested. Thanks again!
I'm interested...

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Once my truck is back from the body shop I will be installing mine, I will get some before and after pics posted.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
They are made of steel.
Thanks! I pulled the individual part numbers from the kit listing...

4 piece kit

68245331AD - Front LH side lower window molding

68245330AD - Front RH side lower window molding

68245335AD - Rear LH side lower window molding

68245334AD - Rear RH side lower window molding

Donn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I used a trim tool, after I lifted the edge of the trim I inserted the trim tool in between the door edge and the rubber. Once you have the trim removal started, you can slide it the rest of the way off. Nothing has to be removed to do this, not even the side mirrors.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I used a trim tool, after I lifted the edge of the trim I inserted the trim tool in between the door edge and the rubber. Once you have the trim removal started, you can slide it the rest of the way off. Nothing has to be removed to do this, not even the side mirrors.

Never thought I'd be putting chrome on my truck. Maybe I'll paint the chrome finish black. Thanks for the tip.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Never thought I'd be putting chrome on my truck. Maybe I'll paint the chrome finish black. Thanks for the tip.
That's what I was thinking too but sometimes little chrome accents can look good too.