Window visors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had the Weathertechs... looked good, but way too much added wind noise. Buddy has the AVS models on his Titan, and they are just as noisy.

gofish101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Outdoorsman CC
Engine
5.7 hemi
Had the Weathertechs... looked good, but way too much added wind noise. Buddy has the AVS models on his Titan, and they are just as noisy.

That's strange I have the AVS Inchannel Low Profile style and just the other day had a friend in the truck on the highway and they were commenting on how quiet the truck is. In fact I think this truck with these visors are the quietest combo I've had so far. I had the Stampede version on my ford and they were noisy.

rcattell57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the in channel ones also. Lost too many stick on ones to the car wash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Squirrel1270

Air Force Retired
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have Weather Tech in channel on my Ram. My wife had the same on her Jetta but didn't like them. Took forever for them to seat properly in the channel on her car but I haven't had any issues. Had them for a few years now.

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
I have the avs in channel ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought this brand for first time and every window they get stuck when glass hits them. The fronts I filed a beveled edge on but the rears I have to get out and press the glass in to get them to close?

I've used this style on many vehicles without issue just this brand this time?? Anyone else?

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have the avs stick ons 7yrs now no problems-wind noise hasnt been a problem for me, maybe just got used to it. as for car washes,i only hand wash-lots of wax before winter and spray down the crap at the hand wash weekly in the winter-works for me!DSC00552.JPG

ObiwanJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EGR Matte Black In-Channel Deflectors here. Goes with the rest of the matte black package I've got going...

KKJ_6871.NEF.jpg

IMG_8243.JPG

modstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Laramie
I've been meaning to add these for awhile. Still not sure which ones are the best.

Singhairborne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Putco Chrome . Have them since ‘17

Only thing I find is that they run all the way to the bottom of the window therefore if you you have power fold mirrors I believe it doesn’t travel the full position while it’s folded..

wwwamericantruckscom/putco-chrome-element-window-visors-channel-mount-front-rear-0917-quad-cab-crew-cab-excluding-rebel.html

Didn’t order from these guys however i don’t have any pics right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's strange I have the AVS Inchannel Low Profile style and just the other day had a friend in the truck on the highway and they were commenting on how quiet the truck is. In fact I think this truck with these visors are the quietest combo I've had so far. I had the Stampede version on my ford and they were noisy.

Maybe his are not installed correctly. Not sure. But I do know that I would not buy another set of Weathertechs. Not only were they noisy, they would not stay seated properly on the rear windows. Very poor design, IMO.

gofish101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Outdoorsman CC
Engine
5.7 hemi
Maybe his are not installed correctly. Not sure. But I do know that I would not buy another set of Weathertechs. Not only were they noisy, they would not stay seated properly on the rear windows. Very poor design, IMO.

It appears I made the right call going AVS.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought this brand for first time and every window they get stuck when glass hits them. The fronts I filed a beveled edge on but the rears I have to get out and press the glass in to get them to close?

I've used this style on many vehicles without issue just this brand this time?? Anyone else?
I had horrible luck with AVS in-channel on my ram as well

lived with them for a little bit and eventually chucked them in the trash after I had enough of them. They never seated and stuck in the way they needed to

Jerrybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
AVS stick on's for me.....had them on my last truck for years....never a problem. We like them because our dogs go most places....we like being able to leave windows down for air.