Windows???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've heard of people using windex and a newspaper but never tried that.. lol

I've been good with white foam glass cleaner and a 3 sections of paper towel per half of the windshield, and 2 on all other windows.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
What do you all recommend to use on windows. I hate doing them and always get streaks inside and out. Also, I have tinted windows.View attachment 131412

Invisible glass and newspaper. The more ink on the pages the better the clean. Not paper towels or a cloth.

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 Off Road. 6.4L. USMC (ret)

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
No luck with adams. Streaks everywhere, don't recommend using it.
I actually have the opposite experience. On the inside I use @AdamsPolishes glass cleaner on the inside, followed by brilliant glaze. On the outside I first claybar the glass with detail spray, then I follow up with glass cleaner.

iHemiMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
I use Chem guys glass cleaner

2016 5.7L Ram 1500 QC

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you use the Invisible glass foam it will stay on the windshield long enough to dissolve the bugs whereas if you use the spray it just runs to the bottom if the window. Also if you use a "waffle microfiber" to wipe the windows I think there is less chance of leaving streaks. Also like SoCal said, if you periodically clay bar your windshield it will keep it a lot cleaner/easier to clean.
Jay

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Don’t use windex on tinted glass ( factory tint or aftermarket) the ammonia in the windex will damage the tint.

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Newspaper will NOT clean a windshield, only deposit a light film of ink that gives it a nice sheen. Newspaper on windows and chrome is an ages old trick for show cars or prepping one for sale. I don't recommend driving into the sun after running newspaper on your windshield, it will glare like a mother...

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Newspaper will NOT clean a windshield, only deposit a light film of ink that gives it a nice sheen. Newspaper on windows and chrome is an ages old trick for show cars or prepping one for sale. I don't recommend driving into the sun after running newspaper on your windshield, it will glare like a mother...

Been using newspapers since I was 16. Drive in FL... never had this issue.

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
I actually have the opposite experience. On the inside I use @AdamsPolishes glass cleaner on the inside, followed by brilliant glaze. On the outside I first claybar the glass with detail spray, then I follow up with glass cleaner.

I too use Brilliant Glaze inside & out, it does a great job!
Thanks!!

OP
OP
SoCal Bomber

SoCal Bomber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I learned a simple lesson today, use a waffle weave! I was like wtf, always used a microfiber in the past. Paid a visit to Chemical Guys today in Gardena. All I can say is OMG! I was like a fat kid in a candy store. But the waffle weave made a huge difference for me.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree--they make a lot of difference----no streaks!!!!
Jay

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
So I learned a simple lesson today, use a waffle weave! I was like wtf, always used a microfiber in the past. Paid a visit to Chemical Guys today in Gardena. All I can say is OMG! I was like a fat kid in a candy store. But the waffle weave made a huge difference for me.

Ok, I'll bite. What's a "Waffle Weave"?

-K