Windshield needed 2021 Dodge Ram 1500 Night Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LastRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can someone please help me locate a windshield for my one year old as of yesterday,2021 Dodge Ram 1500 Night Edition.. Unfortunately I escalated it to Stellantis corporate office 9/22/21 and it’s going on 3 months and I still have not received my windshield yet….

Attachments

• C0F67254-2E47-4362-9860-E76E1B8CACF3.jpeg
    C0F67254-2E47-4362-9860-E76E1B8CACF3.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 817224CB-468F-4D45-9610-4423ACA748A7.jpeg
    817224CB-468F-4D45-9610-4423ACA748A7.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
L

LastRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for your response, lol but that was the first thing I did, but unfortunately it was not available from all auto glass companies unfortunately.. Per Safelite/ Henderson Glass etc. not available lol . I ordered this truck last year with all the bells and whistles, never knew that with all these sensors and things in my windshield ( heads up display etc) one skip of a rock on the freeway from a dump truck would change my impression of Stellantis and customer service process.. I escalated thinking I would get a better response and receive my windshield quicker lol it’s 3 months and nothing. After speaking with 2 supervisor and multiple corporate customer service reps, the update / eta changes every week and I’m stuck driving a $60,000 ( my first Ram by the way) with a hazardous crack as you can see by my pictures directly in my driver side view .. I’m all out of options looking for help but unfortunately every other week all I get is this from Stellantis..

Further to my last call to you, I wanted to let you know that the ETA for your part remains early November. I will reach out to you again on Wednesday, October 27th to provide further details.

Further to my last communication with you, I wanted to let you know that our current ETA for your part remains the same - early to mid-December. I will continue to keep a close eye on this case and provide updates as they become available. I will reach out to you again on Wednesday, November 24th.

Further to my last communication, I wanted to let you know that the ETA for your part remains early January. I will be in touch with you again on Thursday, December 30th to provide further information.

Lolo this a Joke .. Hopefully that answers your question and understand my frustration… Insurance is ready to replace my windshield , the trucks are still being made with windshield Lolol on every Dodge dealership I pass so I know they are out there and available but I guess not for me…

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
There are only about 6 windshield makers in North America
4 of them are US glass companies
then there is a Chinese & a Mexican glass company
Normally a glass shop will carry both an American product & a Chinese product

The Chinese product is cheaper, because it will not last as long

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The whole world is on back order so prices can be jacked up on every and any thing . Again another first time poster . Joins to declare “ I’ll never buy another ram” . Well I bet you have had a tremendous impact on sales here. Good luck with your ford.

OP
OP
L

LastRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for your response @GTyankee , unfortunately I was given every excuse in the book and I know the windshield is a special order I just didn’t think I would still be waiting, during this last 3 months I did my own research and I found at least 4 out of state windshields that would fit per my Vin # at different Dodge dealerships , one of which said I could come pick it up my self if I drove 12 hours away .. good luck getting it home without breaking though he said .. $1500 Lolol I explained that to customer care and they can’t for some reason track those down because of the miles I guess outside my radius@ Daw14 I appreciate your response as well ..I think I forgot to mention that my wife and daughter both works for Stellantis Lolol so it would be very hard bringing home a ford … good try though my friend… Lolol once again if anyone can help tracking down a windshield I would definitely appreciate it!!

wgreggking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4x4 offroad
Engine
Buddy of mine had to wait 3 months for OEM one week old 21 1500. rock impact size of a golf ball directly in the drivers line of sight.
Sucks

OP
OP
L

LastRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@wgreggking wow that’s crazy , I’m glad there is a light at the end of the tunnel though thanks for your response. I love this truck top to bottom performance outstanding!! Just not happy showing it off to my friends and family with giant crack in the middle of my windshield Lolo I’ve been very patient I guess from seeing your reply I have to just sit tight and be a little more patient I guess ..

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The whole world is on back order so prices can be jacked up on every and any thing . Again another first time poster . Joins to declare “ I’ll never buy another ram” . Well I bet you have had a tremendous impact on sales here. Good luck with your ford.
Yes the shoe is on backorder, but I d be pretty missed waiting this long for a windshield.

OP
OP
L

LastRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Daw14 i would like to clarify also from your reply “Well I bet you have had a tremendous impact on sales here.” It is never my intention to stop sales lol on a truck I love and spent good $$ to build/order lol . I joined this forum to get help on tracking down a windshield that’s all , and to see if anyone else is having this same issue or has had this problem and at least part of my question has been answered.. per @wgreggking .. Thanks for your help if you know where I could get a windshield though!!!

OP
OP
L

LastRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks @wgreggking and @chopperman1 but unfortunately after calling CARid and verifying part# /vin # with Stellantis Corporate… That is not correct part# for my truck unfortunately and if I was to get it on my own per Corporate it will void my warranty since it is not the correct Part# they have for me … lol I guess my build is made out of gold or something Lolol . Thanks for helping I guess the Saga continues…