Windshield wiper control freak out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02Hank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l V8
So it has been a long time just dealing with this annoying problem, but it’s time to fix it. My intermittent control on my windshield wipers has not been working. I have to squirt the windshield cleaner in the intermittent position for it to turn on the wipers. In the intermittent position the wipers stay on like in the first “normal speed” position (no intermittent control at all). But if i turn the wipers off they don’t go down to the starting position, but stop right where I turn them off (not on the lower part of the windshield unless I stop them there). I have read this could be related to the control switch inside the steering column. Or something else?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'm bettin' on it being the switch. It could be worn, dirty or failed connections at the base of the multi-function stalk.

Hanover Fiste

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 SLT, 2018 Sport
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I had a similar problem in my '05, and it was the wiper motor. I disassembled it, and about a tablespoon of water came out. The armature was completely rusted. A new motor fixed the problem.