Winter road salt care

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hattan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So I live in Ohio and we're currently getting snow here and there so far but we will get the big snow eventually. I wanted to figure out a way to keep my truck clean during the winter as well as clean off the road salt off it. I need help with a routine or techniques to do so weekly or bi-weekly. any suggestions guys? I also detail my family's cars so I guess I need to do it to their cars as well lol.

cms1528

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I purchased an electric pressure washer from Home Depot. I have a large gas powered one but the electric one I purchased I can carry around like a tool bag hook it up and wash the salt of the truck and then pack it up. I bought an under carriage attachment for the power washer off Amazon and it works great to get the salt off the frame areas.

1642074058389.png 1642074234313.png

OP
OP
H

Hattan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I purchased an electric pressure washer from Home Depot. I have a large gas powered one but the electric one I purchased I can carry around like a tool bag hook it up and wash the salt of the truck and then pack it up. I bought an under carriage attachment for the power washer off Amazon and it works great to get the salt off the frame areas.

View attachment 482523 View attachment 482524
Thank you I was thinking about the undercarriage attachment but I wasn't sure which one to get but since this one works well with you I might just buy it then.

cms1528

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If your handy you can make your own undercarriage spray attachment and get up under there even closer.

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
I made my own similar to the Amazon kit. I would suggest buying a dollar store pool noodle and putting it over the wands to protect the sills as you roll the nozzle under the vehicle.