Wiper arms!?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1st gen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins5.9
Hey folks. So here’s my deal. I have a 1st gen with extended cab. The wiper arms have fallen off. They rounded out from the inside. So if you don’t know they are a pain to find. They were discontinued in ‘05. My question is, can you swap a different year or maybe a model? Would you have to change the motor and the linkage? I’m at a loss. Mind you I live in AZ and don’t really use them but when we go camping. But they are nice to have. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
pretty sure any 72-93 wiper arms should work but i think the 88-93 or they may have started using them a bit sooner were the nicest one. the older ones are baynet style which just suck to find good wiper blades for which is why i finally upgraded to the newer style eventually. might try looking at ram vans. they might similar enough and common enough to still be found. the ram van never really changed a lot in 30 or so years.