Wiper blade recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sadly, all of the various Costco stores I visit sell 16” to 21” blades. My Wrangler uses 15” and the RAM wants 22”.

True - 22" for my '16 Sport. I'll have to look at the stores here as I didn't really pay attention to the range of their sizes. I knew I needed the 22's and just went right for them.

rick16706

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic - Warlock
Engine
6 Cyl 3.6L
Just switched from the original wiper blades to the Bosch Icons. I live in the desert and we don't get a lot of rain. And it seems like lately, all we get is just enough rain so that the I end up with a windshield that is coated in a fair amount of dirt/mud. A few days ago, as I started out in the truck, I hit the wipers and gave a blast of washer fluid, and what a streaky mess.

I bought the truck less than a year and a half ago, and thought the wipers should still be pretty good. The last Chrysler product I had was back in the early 70's and it's mostly been Fords since then. The original wiper blades on my Explorer lasted a good 5 years before I had to change them. I put the Bosch wipers on today and I couldn't believe how bad the original wipers were. They literally shredded in my hand when I took them off.

I really like the truck, but sometimes I am amazed at some of the cheap crap they put on the vehicles when they make them. Just like when I bought the truck, it came with the 8.4 inch infotainment system, but no audio controls on the steering wheel. My fault for not noticing when I bought the truck, (even though it would not have been a deal breaker) but I've had steering wheel audio controls on all of the vehicles I've bought since 1990. I just thought that with a higher end infotainment system, they would also include steering wheel controls.

Anyway the Bosch wipers seem to be very well made, and if the recommendations on this forum are any indication they should do a great job and last a long time.

Thanks again to all who contribute to this forum.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently switched from worn out Rain-X wipers to PIAA Super Silicone. While the wipers themselves worked great, they would not stay connected to the arms. I found myself having to try and lock them back on about once a week.

I finally got sick of it and have a new set of Rain-X waiting to install this weekend. I’ll keep the PIAAs in my breakdown box as emergency replacements.