Wiper blade replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texasfan88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I feel a little bit embarrassed for asking how to do what should be a very simple procedure but here goes. I'm replacing my second set of windshield wiper blades and I don't know exactly why but these things are damn near impossible to remove. I don't remember having much trouble at all when I removed the original factory blades for the ones I have now but these are really frustrating me. Every single how-to video on how to remove the blades says that all you have to do is push up on the little tab shown in the picture and then slide the blade towards the windshield so that it can be released from the metal j-hook. Well, I'm doing exactly that and these things aren't budging at all. If anyone has any tips or recommendations on what I might be doing wrong, I would greatly appreciate it because I really don't want to have to take it into a shop to have them replace my wiper blades if at all possible.
IMG_0134.JPG

duckman631

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 K&N Cold Air Intake.
Since you are replacing them, just bust the plastic piece that’s on the j hook. A pair of pliers should do it.

LegalAce

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the same issue. Problem solved! Replaced OEM wipers with Michelins on sale at Costco...
FrankG you'll be replacing them right after Christmas. Those Michelin blades from Costco...ARE TERRIBLE. I am truly surprised Costco allows them in their store.