Wiper on my 1988

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
ok GUYS . i'VE GOT A 1988 3/4 TON TRUCK . wHEN I got it the wipers just barley moved .
I bought a new motor from O'Riley & Installed it . Put on those new plastic bushings .
Got a set of new blades. It had a lot ot trouble moving the blades back & fourth . After taking it apart One of the new bushing broke & I fixed it again .
Well it now moves much faster .But those blade now maybe 2 or 3 months old . They bounce & make more noise than any set I have ever had . Their not 20$ blades but their sure not a pair of $4.00 blades.

Last edited:

Ram-Bow1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
in my experience with blades the "bouncing" is from the wiping surface rolling under the edge, it's kind of sticky rubber on the outside vs the actual wiping surface. before you get TOO involved. i'd swap to some "beam blades" and try. the apply even pressure across the blade and it's harder for the wiper to come off the windshield. good luck

OP
OP
P

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
I'M GOING TO Throw this into this post. I have 11 toys I Try to play with weekly .
Yes I've got to many. But last week . I gave up & Put new blades onto My 2007 Escape . Yes that a real toy. But It needed a new trans & I bought it for 500.00
i thought I'd put my wife in it .. Trying to not put miles on her good Ride. We're 71 & I Thought it'd make her's last until we give up & Jump the broom ..
... But this Escape is a really clean SUV. So I'd put some Rain X on it .. One made me think my windshield had a dibbet in it.
& THEY MADE MORE NOISE I was hating them ..
I Put on a new set of TRICO's. & man 7/10's of the noise is gone & I NO Longer have a hole in my windshield.
..... SWEET It's so nice to not hate to see each swipe of the blade.
..... That post was to just to say don't be afraid to swap blades & start over.
.....& I owned a parts store for 30 years back in my day.
but I was fooled.