Wipers and Daytime Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

im_deaf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
Good afternoon my fellow rams,

I have a weird question, Last week i installed low beam Leds, and they were so amazing, i got high beam today and put them in. Havent had any errors or any problems until it started to rain a little, i turned on my wipers then i noticed my running lights kicked in (never happened before, as my DRL is program for my signal lights to come on) and it would turn off when i turned off the wipers. then i noticed a few seconds after if i turn on the wiper to the lower setting, my lights would come on again. Now i'm not sure if this is a safety feature that your lights should be on while its raining, but i never noticed this before till my high beams got put in, or maybe my halogen didnt kick in while the wipers were on but the led did. I have the knob set on auto, Could use some thoughts on this, my brother is a 20yr chev mechanic and cant answer me.

Be safe folks

2017 ram 1500 5.7L V8 quad cab

so it turns out i found my problem, I guess when i installed the new lights, there is a feature in the Uconnect under "lights" as i have the 4 inch display that enables/disables headlights on with wipers. I must had reset it while changing the lights. Hope this helps for anyone having the same issues. :drunk:

Last edited:

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I was going to explain the feature (I keep it on since it's the law here in NY to have your lights on with the wipers) but I see you found it yourself. Enjoy the new bulbs!

-K