Wireless 12v Remote - Homelink Buttons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HTXRamExp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm hoping I can get confirmation or education on a project I'm working through.

I'm looking to install a gorhino sportbar 2.0 with the power retractable light bar. (Allows the lights to be mounted up or retracted back so they lay flush with the top of the bar via an actuator.)

The actuator is operated by a rocker switch with three positions:
C0F354BC-92D5-4783-8447-D4C3C3D9D3D7.jpeg
There are two positive/negative leads coming from the actuator to the switch.

Instead of cutting a hole and adding the switch in my dash, my idea is to connect the actuator leads to a wireless remote, which I then can pair to the OEM Homelink buttons. My thought is one Homelink button would function to raise the lights and a second to retract the lights.

Could I simply wire each +/- lead from the actuator to a +/- lead on a 12v wireless remote like shown here:
151320C5-3FFD-4D52-8274-1724F458DBD9.jpg
1548A262-3A28-4821-8C7A-DEEC0A177D15.jpg

I'm not 100% confident it will function as intended. The ad shows the unit operating in a latching function where one press turns on and a second press of the same button turns off, where I'm trying to use one press of a button to raise and one press of the second button to lower.

Any help and insight is appreciated. Thanks !