Wireless CarPlay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guido2112

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
you might be in the 2% that it doesnt work, it does say only 98% adaptability

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Contact the manufacturer/seller if up possible. If they can get it to work, I'm sure a lot of people will pick one up including me.

M² Mods.

OP
OP
Guido2112

Guido2112

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This one right here says it is compatible with Jeeps 2017+, so I would imagine it is as well with RAMs. Nevertheless, you might want to contact them to be 100% sure prior to buying though...

https://www.carplaylife.com/review/...ory-and-aftermarket-carplay-receivers-review/
I actually already have it, works on my aftermarket Kenwood in my Challenger fine.

I reached out to the vendor and they came back with this:

"We are happy to let you know that we are now in the process of completing the test of our adapter with multimedia systems. This is to ensure that this will work in your car correctly.

No worries! I will let you know right away once we are done with the test."

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Im sure it will never work on the factory unit but i sure hope one does some year!

OP
OP
Guido2112

Guido2112

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good news! They just came out with a firmware update that I loaded. It works great on my truck now!

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Good news! They just came out with a firmware update that I loaded. It works great on my truck now!
What year is your RAM?. and it's with the dongle in the OP?

M² Mods.

OP
OP
Guido2112

Guido2112

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Where do the firmware updates come from? Did they email them out or they available to download?

Are there any glitches with this so far? CarPlay work fine? Does the phone work and Siri work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
OP
OP
Guido2112

Guido2112

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where do the firmware updates come from? Did they email them out or they available to download?

Are there any glitches with this so far? CarPlay work fine? Does the phone work and Siri work?

I have been using it for a few days now and it it works just like it was wired in. Only time I had an issue was I remote started my truck out of range, when I got in I had to go into the phone Bluetooth settings and discover it. Other than that one time it's been fine, just as responsive as if wired.

Uploaded the firmware using this directions:
"Connect your phone to the adapter and wait until CarPlay appears on the screen.
Enter 192.168.50.2 in your browser and click “Go.”
If you see an update available, click it.
Wait until the update bar reaches 100%.
When CarPlay reappears on the screen, you’re done!"

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been using it for a few days now and it it works just like it was wired in. Only time I had an issue was I remote started my truck out of range, when I got in I had to go into the phone Bluetooth settings and discover it. Other than that one time it's been fine, just as responsive as if wired.

Uploaded the firmware using this directions:
"Connect your phone to the adapter and wait until CarPlay appears on the screen.
Enter 192.168.50.2 in your browser and click “Go.”
If you see an update available, click it.
Wait until the update bar reaches 100%.
When CarPlay reappears on the screen, you’re done!"

Thanks, are you running an android or iPhone? I don’t remember seeing a browser in the iPhone CarPlay

OP
OP
Guido2112

Guido2112

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks, are you running an android or iPhone? I don’t remember seeing a browser in the iPhone CarPlay

Its an iPhone XS

OP
OP
Guido2112

Guido2112

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The phone's IOS is 13 and I use Safari as the browser.

icetraxx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I ordered one as well. I got an email from them asking about the vehicle it would be used it. I replied an '18(really have a '17) Ram with a UAQ and they said it was not supported as of yet. I could go ahead with the purchase and test it and send it back if I could not get it to work. I told them to send it. So we will see.

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, ordered one with expedited shipping. Got an email yesterday that they are out of stock, and they do not know when they are to be able to ship because of the coronavirus

NapaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I like my phone being plugged in since it always keeps it charged that way I don't really see the need for this but it's nice to know it could work for some people.

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep, everyone’s got a different idea. I never plugged mine in until I got CarPlay. Would sometimes plug it in on a road trip, but never on daily driving. I like to keep it in my pocket