Wireless CarPlay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

icetraxx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just want to let everyone know that mine came in today. I got the one for carplay and not android auto. Tried it out and it appears to work flawlessly. It seems to be a little more responsive than plugging it in via the cable. But that could just be me with a new toy. I am running a UAQ radio with version 18.14 software.

OP
OP
Guido2112

Guido2112

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just want to let everyone know that mine came in today. I got the one for carplay and not android auto. Tried it out and it appears to work flawlessly. It seems to be a little more responsive than plugging it in via the cable. But that could just be me with a new toy. I am running a UAQ radio with version 18.14 software.

Kool

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Is there a different one for Android Auto and has anyone used it yet?

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7

icetraxx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They might tell you its not supported. When I ordered mine they emailed and asked what vehicle it was for. I told them an 18 ram with a UAQ, and they said it was not supported. However I could still order it to test and if it didn't work send it back.

If the Android version supports the Jeep like the carplay one does it might work. I don't know for sure though

I just messaged the manufacturer about something wireless for us Ram UAx Android users.

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got mine today. Took over three weeks. Probably because of coronavirus. It came from Hong Kong.
Did not work out of the box, and had some trouble logging in to get the update. Finally got it working.

It works instantly when the truck is started, there is no lag whatsoever. Did a few phone calls worth it, opened maps,and used Apple Music on it

So far so good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brent L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Delete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So after using this for several days, I have noticed that it takes about 30 to 45 seconds to connect if the truck is off for a while. Not a big problem, but wanted to clarify that. Also noticed that when using the steering wheel buttons to scroll through the playlist on Apple Music there is a slight lag Between songs. Not enough to be a problem but noticeable.

The other thing that seems strange is that initially you pair it with Bluetooth, but I’ve noticed that the Bluetooth is not connected when it is actually operating, and there is a Wi-Fi connection between it and the phone
Maybe all my data is going to China[emoji2960]

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The other thing that seems strange is that initially you pair it with Bluetooth, but I’ve noticed that the Bluetooth is not connected when it is actually operating, and there is a Wi-Fi connection between it and the phone
[emoji2960]

That’s how wireless CarPlay works. It pairs with Bluetooth but then becomes a WiFi connection. My aftermarket radio came with wired and wireless CarPlay and android auto.

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas.