wiring dash speakers to door speakers.. infinity amp oem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evan392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so my 03 ram quad cab has the infinity sound system. iv taken the front door woofers out (6x9s) and would like to remove the front dash speakers (3.5s) and swap the wires around and use that to power new 6x9 door speakers instead.. anyone ever done this?? easy to do? the small dash speakers seem to only produce treble which i hate. or even combining the power from the dash and door to power the door..

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I bypassed all that stuff, removed stock amp (pita) and stuck a jl audio mx600/3 in the same location with custom mount. Just running 2 jl audio 6x9s in front doors and a 12" sub in the rear all powered by the mx600, rear doors are powered from head unit which i replaced with a kenwood. Pretty damn good sound.
I dont believe the dash speakers will put out any bass the door speakers would need

stereo_luver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The crossover in the OEM amp won't send a full range signal to the doors when you try to do what you mentioned.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am3334