wiring diagram needed for rear parking/turn signals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

videokid14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
hi i am looking for the diagram and wire color codes for the rear wire harness that goes to the back tail lights and tow harness wiring. i have no left parking lights on left side front or back. all lights in rear end were upgraded to led. i replace the fuse and it blows instantly. found a red wire broke and corroded and fixed it but now my left turn signal blinks normal as long as parking and lights are off. if i turn either on it blinks fast. any ideas?? would like a wire color coded picture of what wire goes where. thanx in advance

OP
OP
V

videokid14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
thanx for the links to the manuals. however, i cannot find a clear pic or diagram of what im looking for. im looking for a color coded wire diagram that tells me what color wire and what it goes to. i know its the rear harness from the back of cab to the tail lights, trailer and license plate lights. as i said the left parking lights keep blowing the fuse. seems like i can replace the fuse and about 20 minutes later its blown again?? i did fix the corroded broken red wire tho i still dont know what it goes to.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Sigh.....did you even look?

p2788.jpg

OP
OP
V

videokid14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Sorry about the sigh ing but yes i did look. Both manuals. I did find this but i dont understand how to read it. As i said i dont see what colors the wires are or what they go to. To me it looks like white/yellow control everything. Idk but i dont see anywhere about a red wire or where it goes. Sorry for my lack of knowledge but im trying here. I wish it was as easy as car stereo wiring. LOL Thanx for any help tho. Its appreciated.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Sorry about the sigh ing but yes i did look. Both manuals. I did find this but i dont understand how to read it. As i said i dont see what colors the wires are or what they go to. To me it looks like white/yellow control everything. Idk but i dont see anywhere about a red wire or where it goes. Sorry for my lack of knowledge but im trying here. I wish it was as easy as car stereo wiring. LOL Thanx for any help tho. Its appreciated.

Hey bro it's all good. The newer truck manuals get all the fancy color-coded diagrams but us 3rd gen guys have to work with what we got.

So what Lonestar pointed to in his picture is the color code for the wires. I can tell you what each of those codes mean to help you track down your issue.

Screenshot_11.jpg

So this is a screenshot of my 2006 manual for the rear lights, which is probably a tad different but hopefully similar. I'm not sure if you'll find anything I say particularly useful, but if not someone else might come along later and find it useful so who cares

First off, you're right in saying that white and yellow control everything back there, which is kinda odd having all these wires be the same color lol. The thing in red tells you info about the wires and is probably the most useful for your case. The 20 stands for the gauge of wire, and the first row (circuit number) is just useful if you wanna track the same circuit over multiple pages in the manual, which I don't think you'll need to.

Just to be sure, do you still have your old tail lights or bulbs? If this just started occurring after you swapped to LEDs, maybe one of those bulbs just started malfunctioning. You could swap in some standard bulbs back in and see if that solves the issue

OP
OP
V

videokid14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
ok update...

i have fived the broken read wire and spliced in a new 4 way connector. cant find any more bad wires. my problem still persists. on the left side of the truck. as long as my parking\headlights are off, the left turn signal works normal and flashes normal also. as soon as i turn on my parking\headlights, the left signal flashes rapidly like a burned out bulb. i can shut the parking\headlights back of and it returns to work normal. now i removed my led lights and swapped sides and also mixed in my old taillights and it is the same on the left side with all 4 taillights. so my old taillights or led lights are not the fault. also while switching the rear lights around, i swapped out the front parking light bulb for a brand new one just to be sure it its also the same with a new bulb. so after a while of driving at night while lights and using turn signal and brakes, the fuse for the left side blows. any ideas what this could be?? I'm clueless other than the fact that its parking light and turn signal related.

OP
OP
V

videokid14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey bro it's all good. The newer truck manuals get all the fancy color-coded diagrams but us 3rd gen guys have to work with what we got.

So what Lonestar pointed to in his picture is the color code for the wires. I can tell you what each of those codes mean to help you track down your issue.

hi. ok i got another problem that just occurred. my blower motor works but i cant change from heat to cold or from vent to floor to defrost. heat dont seem as hot as it usually gets. and also ac wont turn on or light up as well as my heated mirrors. any idea what it could be? i checked a couple fuses and they seem to be good.

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Pull your negative cable from the battery for a few minutes and see if that fixes your climate control issues. Sounds like your mixing flap is stuck in one position probably because it's not getting the signal to move from the PCI bus. With your other recent electrical issues, I'd try this first.

As an aside, I pulled the manual for the 05 off the internet last night and the the wiring is different than the 03s-04s, according to the manual. Just fyi. Sorry I don't have the link handy. If I can upload the manual to this site I will.

That being said, I just hooked up a backup camera to my tail light reverse wire a week ago and at least the connector pinouts were the same. I can't remember if the wire colors were correct.