Wiring Harness nightmare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyra03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I need some/any advice. Let me set the scene- my Gen 3 5.9 (along with the husband who drove it) get stranded in North Carolina because a fuel line blew. I get the truck and husband towed to the closest dealership and drive down to meet them. After 4 days of waiting on the dealership, the Service Manager tells me that fuel sprayed all over the terrible excuse for a wiring harness, including the tuner, causing all sorts of electrical issues. The only way to fix it is to replace the entire electrical system (and remove the tuner, and light it on fire).

Even the dealership told me “good luck finding the harness. Parts are so hard to come by, even we’ve had to get parts from junkyards just to get vehicles back on the road”

So at this point, I’m thinking I may have to make the wiring harness from scratch. Painless and Keep it Clean let me down and don’t have what I need. I can’t spend the thousand(s) to buy straight from Cummins, and more to the point, can’t wait weeks. This is our daily driver. And if I’m replacing one harness, might as well replace them all, since they are all a mess.

Anyone with experience on this? I’m in a real bind here.

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think that the whole electrical wiring in the truck must be replaced. What part of the harness is no good? Do you ask in another shop? I am sure that someone in your area can fix this.

OP
OP
T

Tyra03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Wire nuts and electrical tape are all through the harness. And when the tuner got installed, more wire nuts and tape. I’ve already called other shops and they either can’t/won’t deal with it, or like this dealership, can’t get parts for months.

schlite60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel high output
Whoever put in the tuner did not not care about hacking the engine wire bundle to bits. A simple pressure wash with purple power soap; would get all of the fuel out of the wire bundle. I did a search of Ebay for engine wire bundles several of them (2007 5.9 diesel) for sale used and new. Need the mopar part number for that to fit your truck and you can get that from the one of the online mopar parts dealer. Good luck.