Wiring harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bk66440

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good evening all. I have a 2014 Tradesman, 5.7 4 door truck and I was told these trucks came with only 1 wiring harness and most anything you could find in a junked truck could be upgrade and added on with no problem. Is that true? I'm looking to add the factory brake controller, electric start and maybe another option or 2. Does anyone know exactly what I need to buy (have parts numbers, etc..) to make this happen? Thanks

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here ya go, look for threads about the part you want to add and most of them have step by steps with part numbers and all.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Good evening all. I have a 2014 Tradesman, 5.7 4 door truck and I was told these trucks came with only 1 wiring harness and most anything you could find in a junked truck could be upgrade and added on with no problem. Is that true? I'm looking to add the factory brake controller, electric start and maybe another option or 2. Does anyone know exactly what I need to buy (have parts numbers, etc..) to make this happen? Thanks
It's somewhat true. Some options are plug and play with existing harnesses open and ready, some require the addition of custom harnesses (message @Mpgrimm2 if you need a custom harness made, he makes excellent OEM quality harnesses for popular mods to these trucks). Finally, you may need a tool like AlfaOBD to enable certain features to let the truck computer know you have added something that wasn't factory installed.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Fyi... Some items work, some don't it... really depends and you have to do your homework and compare both trucks (donor & recipient) at each connector and each pin/signal.

There are places where Mopar used the same connectors for mostly identical harnesses but have moved wiring signals between pins in the same connector... Usually between a 1500 vs 2500/3500 but sometimes it's between trims and sometimes it changes between years ie 2013 vs 14+ 1500's and/or both!

When they went by. FCA I called them...

Frickin
Connector
Anarchy

Now they go by Stellantis, which sounds like an E.D. medication.

rthomasjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I took my 2013 5.7 Hemi to the shop and when I got it back I noticed this harness was unplugged. I have no clue where to plug it back into. Any assistance would be appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_0501.jpeg
    IMG_0501.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0503.jpeg
    IMG_0503.jpeg
    180 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0502.jpeg
    IMG_0502.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 7

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I took my 2013 5.7 Hemi to the shop and when I got it back I noticed this harness was unplugged. I have no clue where to plug it back into. Any assistance would be appreciated!
It appears to be aftermarket. Might be from something someone took out before you bought it.