Wiring in mirror puddle lights and turn signals?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Havent dove into this project yet. So may be a simple answer, but I recently bought a set of mirrors that have puddle lights, and blinkers on them.

My truck has heated power mirrors, but no mirror turn signals or puddle lights. Both of which the two mirrors I bought have.

The mirrors do have a pigtail with them with bare leads, in addition to the OEM type plug.

I can only imagine the bare leads are puddle/turn. Anyone do this before? Tips on wiring puddle/turn signals into mirrors?

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I would definitely guess the bare wires are for the extras. I found the interior lights wire under the dash somewhere, I used that to hook up under dash lights when the interior lights come on or the door opens. One way or the other you’ll have to be pulling wires across your cab which really sucks

I Bleed Ram Trucks

OP
OP
Johnnymac2k6

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Installed the mirrors. Heat and power work via the plug as suspected. The bare wires (three) are in fact turn signal, puddle, and I'm assuming ground. I'm thinking of using dome light fuse in the panel for puddle, and trying to find turn signal leads for the top lights.

Knnth78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have 2011ram 1500 SLT I to purchase mirrors with turn signals and puddle lights. The mirrors had extra couple with plugged in where other heated and adjustment plug was located. The turn signal and the puddle light don't work. Is the a diagram of wiring that can show how to directly wire them so they work ? Can dealership turn them on? Thought I saw the couldn't be turned on. I want them to work.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could always use the footwell lights to power the puddle lights if you do not have footwell lights installed. I used the footwell lights to power my step lights on my truck.

Attachments

• CC06C3F4-63F0-4F3A-9B34-73710BC1F99A.jpeg
    CC06C3F4-63F0-4F3A-9B34-73710BC1F99A.jpeg
    259.4 KB · Views: 7

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have 2011ram 1500 SLT I to purchase mirrors with turn signals and puddle lights. The mirrors had extra couple with plugged in where other heated and adjustment plug was located. The turn signal and the puddle light don't work. Is the a diagram of wiring that can show how to directly wire them so they work ? Can dealership turn them on? Thought I saw the couldn't be turned on. I want them to work.
You are in the wrong place my friend, you need to ask this question in 4th gen (which is what you have). Hopefully one of these......."mods".........will put you where you need to be.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
This is in the drivers door, there is another one in the passenger door
it controls all the mirror functions, it also controls the door lock functions
It likely works the window motors also
gF4ioi.jpg

it is just above the speaker