Wiring led pods to headlight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bladier80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi guys. I need your help, I bought two led pods to put it on the front bull bar, but I'm not sure where the wiring should be connected, could I connect it directly to the headlights wires or does it have to be separate, with its own switch?

Thanks!

Johnny_B-Good

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here's some food for thought. A separate 12 volt line, with a relay and switch will give you full control over when those new pods are used. No matter the forward lighting you're running (low/high/fog lamps). And, best part, separate line means no additional draw/demand on the factory headlight supply wires. Good luck with your install...

Nealuss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
What he said. You need a proper relay harness and you need to have separate control over the pods. They are illegal in most areas to run on the highway anyway.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Do Not wire them directly to the headlights. You are likely to start throwing faults if you do. The correct way would be to wire them into the BCM with a relay and diodes to prevent back feeding the circuit. (That's what I have done). I also have a cutout switch that I can disable coming on with the high beams if I choose.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would definitely go with what Johnny_B-Good said, and not wire into the finicky electrical system of these trucks.