Wiring problem/question didnt see an electrical forum unless its under exterior if it is sorry.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jewkesman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is Factory tow trlr b/u programmed if you have factory towing and the contacts for the fuse is there? I installed the M something fuse a 20A as the TIPM/power Distro box claims it is, however nothing hooking up to the 7 round with back up lights or camera work. The tail light mounted factory ones are all that light up. Even after tapping the Drivers Back up white and tan wire. What do I do?

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
@Jewkesman Welcome to RamForum. I moved this thread into Towing & Hauling for more views/answers.

csuder99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Besides the fuse there is a relay that tuns on the trailer backup lights (same for all other trailer lights). Unfortunately that relay is inside the TIPM and not replaceable.

Forget the trailer for now, you need to see power at the backup pin in the trailer socket. Check at the fuse (both sides) and the wiring outside the socket itself. Maybe you can hear/feel the relay in the TIPM when going in/out of reverse.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio