Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm looking to wire up 5 LED pod lights on top of my roll bar. I'm new to wiring though. Any advice on how to wire up 5 lights through a relay wiring harness to a single switch? Diagrams would be helpful. I understand how to get to the battery and all that good stuff. Just wanting to know how best to connect the 5 lights.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Wiring lights is just positive (red) and negative (black) with fused power & a switch.
I'd wire all 5 lights together (5 reds into 1, 5 black into 1). Use 14ga wire & heat shrink tubing for the splices. Get a wire stripper/crimper and a set of crimp terminals, run the 14ga black wire to any body bolt for ground.
Get an in-line 10A fuse & a mini-fuse tap, find a 'on w/ignition' fuse and run the 14ga red off that.
Splice the switch into the same connection.

They sell prewired harnesses specifically for what you're doing too.

OP
OP
Luau_Pig

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks that's what I was looking for. Is 14 ga the go to? I Ordered a 12 ga harness as the total wattage of the 5 lights will be about 300 watts. The 12 ga harness claims to be good to 450. Just wanting to play it safe. Also is the fuse tap necessary or can I just run the positive to the battery? Already got my headlights and fogs taking up accessory fuses.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
You can run the positive to the battery but splice in an inline fuse to be safe. 10A on 12ga wire would work.

OP
OP
Luau_Pig

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds good. the harnesses I bought have 40A inline fuses built in with smaller fuses if needed. Just gotta wait for this long work weekend to be over so I can get it all wired up. Throwing 5 light pods on the roll bar. 2 on the grill guard, and 2 smaller pods for reversing.