WKO Slider Creak - Remedies??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bahn112

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4L
Hi guys/gals,

I've had my WKO sliders for a couple of months and hadn't really driven the PW much cus of the whole lockdown. I noticed a little after installing them that there was quite a bit of creaking when I first drove it leaving my house; the creaking would go away for the most part after the first couple of miles but is still there. I'm assuming that this is because the chassis is twisting a bit when leaving my driveway (I live on a hill and I back out of my driveway which causes the chassis to flex a bit upon leaving; and then settles as I drive it).
Last week I crawled under the truck and retightened all the bolts but the creaking is still present.
I have them set at the lowest position they would sit in on the frame rails as I read that this would minimize any of the creaking problems.

Have any of ya'll experienced this and if you were able to alleviate the creaking what you did.

Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance!

9frUS7eh.jpg
vY6WnTSh.jpg

Corvette427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ha!!!!!! I thought the same thing!!!!

not sure about your year (19?), but my 18 brake cable squeaked inside the bracket, drove me CRAZY. Rubber hose cured it!!!

F06AD940-6FB2-492D-83C8-F9E7A4F94528.jpeg

Corvette427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice wheels and tires. Size and manufacture please.

Fitzreefer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
Are your sliders touching the body/foot wells anywhere (flanges, back plates, hardware, etc). If so, that will give you creaking for sure. I installed another brand that I had to uninstall, grind down the 2 front flanges and the back plates at the front and second attachment (4 altogether). Repainted, reinstalled and zero creak.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Bahn112

Bahn112

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4L
Are your sliders touching the body/foot wells anywhere (flanges, back plates, hardware, etc). If so, that will give you creaking for sure. I installed another brand that I had to uninstall, grind down the 2 front flanges and the back plates at the front and second attachment (4 altogether). Repainted, reinstalled and zero creak.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

When installing them I was pretty careful about trying to mount them as low as physically possible to avoid that but I'll definitely take another look. Thanks!

ALRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ha!!!!!! I thought the same thing!!!!

not sure about your year (19?), but my 18 brake cable squeaked inside the bracket, drove me CRAZY. Rubber hose cured it!!!

View attachment 214079
I have a long gravel driveway and my 18 did the same thing with the brake cable. My fix was with electrical tape but your way looks better. Us rednecks try to fix everything with tape! The tape is coming undone so I’m going to copy your fix.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
So the brackets are not only LOCATION specific, but also ORIENTATION specific. Remember seeing little numbers carved on the brackets that told you which position that particular bracket goes on? Those numbers also show you which way is UP. I had one of mine upside down, and it was allowing the bracket to come into contact with the cab. It was the passenger side, I think the second bracket from the front. Whichever one is mentioned in the FAQ that comes with the sliders was my culprit. If what you’re hearing is a groaning sound, it’s the bracket rubbing on the cab as the cab flexes on the frame. Check brackets 2 and 3 on the passenger side, make sure they’re facing the same way, as low as possible, and tight. They’re likely your culprit.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine squeaked as well after install. Upon further investigation, a few of the washers were actually contacting the body when it wiggled...tolerances are so tight. Ground down the washers and they havnt creaked years ever since.

OP
OP
Bahn112

Bahn112

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4L
Thanks guys! Pretty sure I was careful about orientating the plates the correct way but there's no harm in double checking. I'm planning on crawling under there in the next day or two. Not today cus it's 'Murica's Birthday! Have a happy and safe Independence Day everyone!

OP
OP
Bahn112

Bahn112

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4L
Mine squeaked as well after install. Upon further investigation, a few of the washers were actually contacting the body when it wiggled...tolerances are so tight. Ground down the washers and they havnt creaked years ever since.

Finally got around to crawling under and taking a better look. It was definitely the washers contacting on the front bracket on both sides. I ground them down and voila, no squeek. On the passenger side I actually had to loosen everything up and readjust the sliders just a bit to get the proper clearance even with the ground down washers.

Figured i'd come back and post in case anybody else has the same issue.
Thanks everyone!

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Finally got around to crawling under and taking a better look. It was definitely the washers contacting on the front bracket on both sides. I ground them down and voila, no squeek. On the passenger side I actually had to loosen everything up and readjust the sliders just a bit to get the proper clearance even with the ground down washers.

Figured i'd come back and post in case anybody else has the same issue.
Thanks everyone!

Heck yea man, great to hear!!!!