Won't shift into 3rd gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bracey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
Hello all, hope all is well.
I have a problem maybe some of you gear heads can help me out with. I drive a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L V8 with a 545RFE tranny.
Let me start from the beginning. Out of the blue while I was driving my truck it started slipping gears and eventually it woulde't go into any gear. Well, to make a long story short. I droped the transmission oil pan and low and behold there was my oil coolant filter laying in the bottom of my oil pan. So I went ahead and changed the fluid, the two filters and pan gasket. Filled it up with the atf+4 fluid while following procedure. Started backing down the driveway with no problems. Put it in drive, it shifted a little hard but I figured it's got to re-learn when to shift. Started going down the road. It shifted smooth in to 1st and 2nd gears. But when it shifted in to third it revved high like it was in neutral. I could fill it pull but bearly at high rpms. So I went back home in second gear checked fluid, looked for leaks etc... I put a code reader on it and the only code it has is P0733 (gear 3 incorrect ratio) and thats where I'm at. Do you gooroo's have any suggestions on what I need to do to fix this. They would be greatly appreciated.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Why did you post this twice within the exact same subforum?

OP
OP
B

Bracey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
I figured I mite need to up date it or something since no one would reply. I need some help in a bad way. But I guess I'm at the wrong forum for that.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
  1. Replacing a shift solenoid.
  2. Replacing the powertrain control module.
  3. Replacing the transmission module (if applicable)
You have already did the fluid and filter change. Worse case its toast. Dont drive it until you get the issue sorted out.