Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Won't Start

Discussion in '6.7 Common Rail' started by cloiebud, May 20, 2020.

1. cloiebud

cloiebud Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.7L
    All, I have been dealing with my 2014 3500 6.7L WON"T START issue for two years. Turn the key on and nothing, I get out of the truck and either rock the truck or move it sometimes just a few feet in neutral and then it will start. Dealership has had it several times but they can never duplicate the problem. Also has never shown a code. The common denominator in my opinion is when I have to roll the truck forward or backwards to rotate the transmission out of its current position, almost like a neutral safety switch problem? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Nick_rp

Nick_rp Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    2012 1500
    Engine:
    5.7 Sport
    Is there any sound/clicking/whirring when trying to crank it? Or straight up nothing happens?

Next time it wont start, keep the key in RUN apply E brake and shift to Reverse. Your reverese lights should come on, if not, thats a clue towards the neutral safety switch whether it be bad wiring, maladjusted or the switch it self

Other things, bad grounds, battery, starter relay etc