Won't Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cloiebud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
All, I have been dealing with my 2014 3500 6.7L WON"T START issue for two years. Turn the key on and nothing, I get out of the truck and either rock the truck or move it sometimes just a few feet in neutral and then it will start. Dealership has had it several times but they can never duplicate the problem. Also has never shown a code. The common denominator in my opinion is when I have to roll the truck forward or backwards to rotate the transmission out of its current position, almost like a neutral safety switch problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
Is there any sound/clicking/whirring when trying to crank it? Or straight up nothing happens?

Next time it wont start, keep the key in RUN apply E brake and shift to Reverse. Your reverese lights should come on, if not, thats a clue towards the neutral safety switch whether it be bad wiring, maladjusted or the switch it self

Other things, bad grounds, battery, starter relay etc