Worried About the DPF? Read This. Replacing The DPF May Become a Thing of the Past

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
I heard from Vanderpol--a U.S. Fuel Distribution Company. THey said, and I quote: "We do have a couple projects happening in AZ for research and effects on air quality and emission reductions. We do not have any retail sites currently carrying the product but do sell to a few entities as they have chosen to go renewable. The cost is currently about $2 higher than regular diesel in the Phoenix market. I have no date as of now, we are going through the LCFS process and that is expected to take 12-18 months for approval. Arizona Petroleum Marketers Association would be the first to announce but nothing as of now."

I'm going to keep my eye on that! Can hardly wait to try it!

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
We're seeing it everywhere in San Diego. Near zero diesel smell anymore and the lie-o-meter reads the same as petro diesel on my '07 5.9 Cummins. It doesn't have the scouring action of biofuel in that concentration either. I like it. There's a company with a fleet of medium duty local delivery trucks that has seen less injector and dpf issues with it.
2T, you experience any boost in fuel economy with the Renewable?

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
The 76 stations renewable cetane is 80+. Makes it a really clean burn.
I'm excited to try it but must wait for retail availability in Phoenix. You're fortunate to have it already in San Diego! I'm jealous.

Do you see an increase in mpg with Renewable?

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
not stirring the pot but am curious what is renewable about wind and solar. I dont hear much about the recycling of the panels but I HAVE seen the giant holes in the ground west of here where they are burying turbine blades after cutting them into shorter pcs. there is a finite number of hours the turbines are good for and I hear that if you see one not turning it is usually needing repair or replacement and that the price of that is too high to commit to or parts and repairmen are in short supply. last week when we had a cpl. days of an ice storm here in Texas I took a look at the ERCOT website where you can see the total grid power available and draw in real time and of course we had way more available power than demand but it was interesting to see quite a bit of wattage being produced by wind and almost none by solar except a tiny amount right in the middle part of the day. I guess it was windy in west texas but also mostly cloudy. glad we had the 65+% coming from nat gas.
It's actually simple.

"Wind" is renewable only when the wind is blowing.

"Solar" is renewable only when the sun is shining.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 3 June 2018. Now at 84808 miles

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I'm excited to try it but must wait for retail availability in Phoenix. You're fortunate to have it already in San Diego! I'm jealous.

Do you see an increase in mpg with Renewable?
Not yet.
I just started using renewable so my trucks are not 100% renewable yet. They have a mixture of renewable and mostly fossil diesel in their tanks. My 2016 Eco is a daily driver and gets low miles usage. My 2020 3500 6.7 HO is my tripper and my next trip is coming in September. So it will be a while before I become 100% renewable. My 2000 mile September trip will have 4 fuel stops, and 3 will have renewable. By the end of that trip, I'll be close to 100%.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
Not yet.
I just started using renewable so my trucks are not 100% renewable yet. They have a mixture of renewable and mostly fossil diesel in their tanks. My 2016 Eco is a daily driver and gets low miles usage. My 2020 3500 6.7 HO is my tripper and my next trip is coming in September. So it will be a while before I become 100% renewable. My 2000 mile September trip will have 4 fuel stops, and 3 will have renewable. By the end of that trip, I'll be close to 100%.
I have a 2019 3500 Dually HO. They are nice trucks. I have only 16,000 on mine and had to replace the front tires, as they wore out on the outer edge. The toe alignment was not correct, so I had it reset to "0" toe in. I also replaced with Bridgestone Duravis 500 HD. From another Forum thread, they were highly recommended. They have a "closed shoulder" design, similar to over the road truck tires. Reviewers are saying they get as much as 200,000 miles on them. The tread depth is nearly 1/2 inch. You might like them. ....

DSCF6628.JPG

Last edited:

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I have a 2019 3500 Dually HO. They are nice trucks. I have only 16,000 on mine and had to replace the front tires, as they wore out on the outer edge. The toe alignment was not correct, so I had it reset to "0" toe in. I also replaced with Bridgestone Duravis 500 HD. From another Forum thread, they were highly recommended. They have a "closed shoulder" design, similar to over the road truck tires. Reviewers are saying they get as much as 200,000 miles on them. The tread depth is nearly 1/2 inch. You might like them. ....

View attachment 513667
Goose,
Thanks for the info on that great tire. Unfortunately, they do not make it in either of my trucks' tire size. When my Wildpeak A/T3s wear out or ages out I'm going to the Michelin Agilis

Brent 1955

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Brent 1955

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Goose,
Thanks for the info on that great tire. Unfortunately, they do not make it in either of my trucks' tire size. When my Wildpeak A/T3s wear out or ages out I'm going to the Michelin Agilis
I used to get 125 to 130,000 miles on my ATS made by firestone.Brigstone tires are top of the line with a top of the
line price

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
But you don't show anything about how topurchase the stuff on your website.
Neste MY recently finished a huge refinery in Washington, near the border. They have begun selling it at Shell stations where they put in a separate island. I believe they are also building a refinery in Califunny but not sure of that or how they will distribute.

76 has a refinery in northern Califunny and they now sell their renewable at every 76 station, replacing fossil diesel. Califunny was the first and only state selling renewable until Neste MY came into Washington

I have converted to using only the renewable from 76.

Google has a lot of good info if you do a search

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
But you don't show anything about how topurchase the stuff on your website.
Apparently it is not widely available in Arizona yet. CA, OR, & WA yes.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
Neste MY recently finished a huge refinery in Washington, near the border. They have begun selling it at Shell stations where they put in a separate island. I believe they are also building a refinery in Califunny but not sure of that or how they will distribute.

76 has a refinery in northern Califunny and they now sell their renewable at every 76 station, replacing fossil diesel. Califunny was the first and only state selling renewable until Neste MY came into Washington

I have converted to using only the renewable from 76.

Google has a lot of good info if you do a search
There is an affiliation of Neste in AZ that has monthly luncheons. I am hoping to attend one at some time soon to discover where I may get a tank full of renewable.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
There is an affiliation of Neste in AZ that has monthly luncheons. I am hoping to attend one at some time soon to discover where I may get a tank full of renewable.
Not sure of the refinery/s but some sell in several other states but only in bulk, like to fleet trucking companies