Would you buy a 'Ramburban'?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HDGoose

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
L6 Diesel HO
Only if I need a heavy tow vehicle. I remember suburbans available as 3/4 and 1 ton.

Quyonmob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wish the would keep making real SUVs on truck platforms.

Half ton suburbans are the norm. 3/4 tons are around. 1 ton suburbans were never factory (edited, looks like low production numbers were available for fleet purchase only of 3500 burbs).

One of the first vehicles I had was an 84 burb in Silverado trim. Power windows, power locks, SM465 trans, 4.56 gears with Detroit lockers and 35” swampers.

Now this class of truck is just fancy and over priced... sucks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Overlander

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 75th Aniv Build #0006
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Only if I need a heavy tow vehicle. I remember suburbans available as 3/4 and 1 ton.

IIRC, the Yukon XL was the last in the segment. Was available as a 2500 through something like 2013. I few years back I was looking for one and they're very hard to find. Almost all of them that I found looked like they were fleet vehicles, very modestly appointed. I'm guessing they were used as transports out to oil fields, for railroads, etc.

If you wanted large capacity, solid axles, and didn't need a pickup bed they make a really great platform. Pull the third row and you can easily sleep in the back. For a large family that wants to spend time in the back country they're perfect.

Quyonmob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They are IFS. GM hasn’t had a solid front axle in a 2500/3500 for a loooong time (iirc 1991/92).

Now, give me this on a PW platform and they can have all my monies.

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wouldn't, but I think there is a market for the "Suburban" folks out there that would be all over it. Especially if it's based on the Ram Limited line of luxury.

Quyonmob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wouldn't, but I think there is a market for the "Suburban" folks out there that would be all over it. Especially if it's based on the Ram Limited line of luxury.

no no no! Lol

I want a stripped down Power wagon ramburban that I can fit an entire moose inside. (Fit in the 84 burb I had).

Heated cabin space, the Cold climate dream.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I was bummed out when the Excursion was no longer produced, if Ram popped out a suburban sized SUV with the power train options of the pickups..that would be real tempting(although I doubt the CTD would be offered).

Ken W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It all depends on need. When my kids were younger, we needed a Suburban to haul the family around and long road trips. We had several Suburban’s/Yukon XL and even tried out an Expedition XL. They were great family haulers and had enough utility to pick up plywood, Sheetrock etc.. although I hated doing it for fear of ruining the interior. Now my kids have flown the coop and my Crew Cab suits us fine and no more night terrors hauling stuff in the back!